cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Exception on execution of web service on destination in test system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with a web dynpro application consuming a web service via adaptive web service model and logical destinations (Metadata and Execution destination). We have a SAP NW 7.0 Ehp1 system as test system and on this the execution of the web service in the web dynpro application throws the following error:

Exception on execution of web service on destination 'EXECUTION_DEST' for operation 'wsCreateObj in interface 'ObjServiceVi_Document'

We have successfully tested the web dynpro application and web service execution in the development system. Executing of the web service in the wsnavigator of the test environment is also working fine. The issue is in the integration or calling of the execution destination in the web dynpro application.

The logical destination settings in visual administrator are exactly the same for development and test environment. We also restarted the test system. No luck.

Thanks,

Regards,

Yasar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u pointed both the destinations to the inspection.wsil of the server? i.e, http://<hostname>:<portno>/inspection.wsil.

copy the url for both the destinations and check in the browser, if its working fine.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

Thanks for your answer.

The destination URL's are directly the web service WSDL URL. we configured the WSDL URL because we only have one web service consuming via the logical destinations.

If I configure as destination URL: http://hostname:portnumber/inspection.wsil I get the same error

If I check the URL http://hostname:portnumber/inspection.wsil it is working fine and show me the web service definitions configured on the system.

Regards,

Yasar

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then check for the authorization which u have used for the destinations. The user should have necessary rights to execute the destinations

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

For authorization I configured the following approaches:

1. SAP Logon Ticket: This is the approach that should work, as we have SSO between the front-end and back-end system. This configuration already works in the development environment.

2. Basic Authentication: I already tried with basic authentication by entering the logon details of an administrator user. Same issue.

As I mentioned in my first posting; the issue is, exact the same status of the front-end application and web service with the same destination configurations are working in the development system fine. This issue with the logical destination comes in the test environment.

Regards,

Yasar

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u compared the authorizations for the administrator user in both test and dev server? or print the entire stack trace in the catch block:

wdComponentAPI().getMessageManager()..reportException(e.printStackTrace());

It should give u the complete error description

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

On both systems the administrator users have the same roles and groups assigned.

Adding the prinStackTrace() didn't give more details about the error. It shows still the same error:

Exception on execution of web service on destination 'EXECUTION_DEST' for operation 'wsCreateObj in interface 'ObjServiceVi_Document'

I am not sure if it is still a cache problem even after restarting the system once.

Regards,

Yasar

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You also need to configure SSO between test environments and where the WebService is hosted (not only between the server and WebService backend).

Did you realize this trust?

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

The SSO configuration between the test system and the web service hosting node is already performed and working fine for other PDK developments. For PDK developments we use deployable proxies to consume web services in the java front-end applications. This approach works fine with Single-Sign-On. In this case we configured as authentication option the SAP Logon Ticket and we configured the same settings for the logical destinations of our web dynpro development.

Regards,

Yasar

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Verify name resolution between the sites is being done correctly. In some cases the server name in the published WSDL is not the same host used in the SSO. Varifique also the existence of any firewalls in between.

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

We solved this issue by recreating of the webservice (with different names for Web Service, WSD, Config) and reimporting it in the web dynpro application.

Thanks,

Yasar