cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SET_SLD_DATA - where is this FM maintained. Strange behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello:)

I was trying to start SLD Bridge with rz70 and there are always 2 different answers I become:

1)

JCO.Server could not find server function 'SET_SLD_DATA'

2) RFC executed successfully.

which is a little bit strange.

I figured that when you execute 'rz70->start data collector(F5)', there is a FM 'SET_SLD_DATA' beeing called from program RSLDFM01 like this:

CALL FUNCTION data_function
      DESTINATION p_rfc_dest
      EXPORTING
        TYPE                  = p_type
        VERSION               = p_version
      TABLES
        data_tab              = p_it_rfcdata
      EXCEPTIONS
        system_failure        = 1  message mess
        communication_failure = 2  message mess
        others                = 3.
    if sy-subrc <> 0.
      local_text = text-013.
      replace '&' with mess into local_text.
      condense local_text.
    else.
      local_text = text-014.
    endif.

..and the 'data_function' is a hard coded variable defined in a Program RSLDAGDF:

* RFC function name in SLD Java bridge
  data_function   like rs38l-name value 'SET_SLD_DATA'.

And after trying to execute the FM You get either text-013 or text-014 which are:

either

JCO.Server could not find server function

or

RFC executed successfully.

So the mystery is: is there a 'SET_SLD_DATA' there or not??

Who can answer that is a maestro:)

best regards

simon:)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon. I too am in the same position. I am trying to configure NWA and SLD. I tried RZ70 in a 46B system and also ina MySAP ERP 05 system. I am getting messages regarding SLD_NUC not connecting as it is not registered. Problem is when I go to my SLD/NWA/SM40 system and try to register via:

rfcexec -aSLD_NUC -gsldhost -xsapgw05

It just sits there. Once a do an RFC test from my source machine (e.g. where I am running RZ70) then the baove rfcexec stops. On another RFC test via SM59 I again cannot connect due to not being registered.

Any ideas?

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi both of you,

Is the SLD-bridge started?

Log on to the SLD host, select Administration and then Profile link. Look at the "datasupplier" section. Note the gateway host and gateway service that is setup there.

This gateway host and service is the gateway host and service that must be used in transaction RZ70 of the systems that must deliver data to the SLD.

By default the SLD is using program names SLD_NUC and SLD_UC (non unicode / unicode), but however RZ70 automatically generates the SM59 connection with these names.

Hope you can use this information.

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

thank you for your answer. However, with all due respect, this was not the problem. The data supplier, rz70 etc. are maintained just as ther are supposed to be, I think so at least, since everything I need works fine. I just find it strange, that:

1) the se37 says there is no FM like 'SET_SLD_DATA',

2) in RSLDAGDF the name is hard-coded

and that the notification sometimes says that there is no FM, and sometimes the FM was executef succesafully. That is the problem.

Anyway thanks for you answer and I hope for further replies.

best regards

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Sorry, i should read more carefully

But however, the function module is executed with a "DESTINATION p_rfc_dest". If the variable p_rfc_dest is non blank, the FM is not executed in SAP, but in the registered program that is mentioned in the SM59 connection. So if it are the SLD_NUC or SLD_UC connection with the registered programs SLD_NUC or SLD_UC, it a call to a function in one of these to programs, that again ar hosted by the SLD itself.

Hope this is more a answer you where looking for

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes! I overlooked the 'destination'. Of course the se37 says there is no FM, because the isn't:)

So, no back to business, If I set-up everyting according to the documentation:

1) SLD datasupplier: sap-host/sapgwXX

2) rz70: sap-host/sapgwXX

3) the PING/TEST from JCo Connections in NWA work fine

4) I can execute every WD demo application with the SAP data

5) in Visual Admin. SLD Data Supplier/JCo Proider work fine

than, why can I possibly get two different answers every time I execute rz70. Sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.

It does not bother me so much as long as I can execute the WD tutorials, but I would like to understand the problem.

best regards

Simon:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From by SLD via http://host:port/sld I get:

System Landscape Directory (SLD) manages information about all installable and installed elements of your system landscape.

You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. Minimum required: UME role with permission com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details.

SLD not configured; configure the SLD in Administration first

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for the answer wayne.

>> You do not have permission to view the System Landscape >> Directory

How can that be, when I am using only the Administrator?

>> Minimum required: UME role with permission

>> com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser.

I will see about that.

However what I still do not understand is, if I didn't have some rights or whatever I would never be able to execute rz70 successfully. The THING IS that I AM able to do that.

So, the mystery is remains unsolved;)

awaiting the saviour

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw similar error (with permissions) on HP-UX and XI 7.0. On Windows all works fine.

So you have to go to (for example) http://czprgntdv17:50100/nwa and go to UME.

Here you need to assign the LCR.... role to your admin user. Afterthat you will be able to administer SLD.

Also please check, that in abap you assigned all SLD roles to the Admin. user.

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys

We just had the exact same problem after a systemcopy of the SolutionManager with SLD - and found a solution:

Ensure that the SLD post-processing guide is followed concurning the "security roles" and perform the "User groups to roles" buttom in visual admin on the SLD's java engine for service "SLD data supplier".

After this it works for us.

BR

Tom Bo