cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to create Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I need your help to understand the cause of this error.

My requirement is to access webservice created in .Net system and read the data in SAP and return back few data to .Net again.

I tried creating proxy class in Enterprise services (SE80) by following the steps below:

1. Choose Enterprise services -> Click proxy -> Create a proxy with namespace 'Z'.

2. I got a wizard step, the .Net team gave me a URL (http://10.161.3.42/...../.....asmx

3. I selected the URL option and gave local object and clicked on complete

4. It run through progress indicator (read and analyze WSDL document) and I got this error and hence proxy didnot get generated

Error message : Incorrect value: Entity "<<document>>"(60 /2931 ). end tag 'ul' does not match begin tag 'p'

I was not sure if this error was due to the code in .Net. When I checked with the .Net person, he told me that there was no code inside. I am not sure. Any clue on y this error has occured?

Thanks for all your time and support to me on this.

Thanks

Shanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raghug
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanthi,

I just ran into the same error and just want to update how I fixed it. Hopefully it will be of use to someone.

Gurushanthi Potluri wrote:

2. I got a wizard step, the .Net team gave me a URL (http://10.161.3.42/...../.....asmx

In this step 2, add ?WSDL to the end of the url. So that url would read http://10.161.3.42/...../.....asmx?WSDL

The error message makes more sense when you realize that without the ?WSDL, SAP is trying to parse the HTML page, when what it is expecting is an XML file describing the WSDL.

Raghu

avishek_gorai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

Try to download the WSDL from the .Net application and save the same as a .WSDL file, post that as suggested you can try to check the correctness of the WSDL using some tools such as XML Spy, if found correct use the WSDL file to create the proxy by selecting the local file option rather than using the URL option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

basically that is an option (down- and uploading the WSDL) but given that the service itself resides on the same server/network segment as the WSDL and given my explanation above (most likely a proxy error), the OP will have the same problem when doing the actual service call although with a slightly different error message, something like "Deserialization error at position 1...).

my 2 cents,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

quite obviously the wizard cannot reach the target server (due to a proxy error for instance) or the target service does not exist or you do not have the right credentials.

In all cases you(your wizard) gets some html page in return saying "You are not authorized, File not Found, etc ... The formatting is in HTML which is no proper xml since the p-tag(paragraph) and the ul-tag(unordered list) do not have closing tags. &lt;p&gt; & &lt;ul&gt; are simple html-tags.

so, check your proxy settings and/or double-check the wsdl url.

hope it helps,

anton

Edited by: Anton Wenzelhuemer on Aug 12, 2010 1:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

There is no code in there but it sounds like the WSDL you have from the .NET person is not well formed hence it's faling with the proxy generation. You can test this WSDL for well formedness with a tool like XMLSpy.

The other alternative is to try creating a WSDL project in a free tool called SoapUI & see if the project is created fine. If not, then you need to contact the .NET person again to provide a correct WSDL.

Regards, Trevor