cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Button for field ESSONLY (X and Space values)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm hoping an expert can help me with a problem I'm having with a radio button on a HCM form. Several developers onsite have tried to solve it, but no one has been successful.

First some tech specifications. We are on ECC6 and are using LifeCycle Designer V 8.1.2.

The HCM form is a simple one - it allows an employee to elect to have his payslip displayed online or printed. The form contains some fields for display from IT0001 and only 3 enterable fields for IT0655; ENDDA, BEGDA and ESSONLY. My problem is with the field I0655-ESSONLY. The domain for this field has values X (Yes) and Space (No). I have created a radio button and bound it to field I0655-ESSONLY. My problem is that when the 'Printed' radio button option (which has value Space) is selected and the Check and Send button is pressed, the radio button is cleared and neither option appears selected on the form. This doesn't happen if you chose the Online option which has value X, which leads me to believe that Adobe doesn't know how to handle a Space value.

After days of trying to get this to work, we changed the field to a drop down list. However once you select 'No' from the list and leave the field (to enter dates in ENDDA and BEGDA) the text disappears from the field - the field appears blank. If you click back into the drop down list, you can see it still contains the text 'No'; it just isn't displaying it when you leave the field. As this would be confusing to users, we can't use this solution either.

To be clear, the problem is in the Adobe form. When I test the process using HRASR_TEST_PROCESS, the database is updated successuflly. I am also using ISR Controls and HR Admin Controls for the fields. I've tried both with the same result.

I'm ready to tear my hair out (or write a web dynpro), so I'd be most grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Shaelene

Edited by: Shaelene Hooper on Aug 12, 2010 4:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BenPatterson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaelene,

Maybe you could work around this by setting the radio button values to 0 and 1 and use a generic service to handle the standard check operation that is triggered on 'check and send' to translate the 0 and 1 to space and 'X'.

Regards,

Ben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

iam not sure if it solves ur problem .

have u given the key item values as X and space.

thanks,

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa

Yes I have defined the key values as X and space.