cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using service interfaces from different SCs in Integration Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm new to SAP PI and currently working on BPM (Integration Process) part of SAP PI.

In ESR, I have two SCs. One is from SAP ECC 6.0 and the other one is from SAP PI itself.

I'm trying to send a xml file located in SAP PI system to BPM and from BPM, call RFC in SAP ECC

and get response from ECC.

I have service interfaces from the two SCs and I created the Integration Process in 'SAP PI' SC.

When I tried to use service interfaces from SC for SAP ECC 6.0 in integration process,

I found out that I cannot use them! It looks like only service interface from the SC where integration process

was created can be used.

Am I understanding BPM concept incorrectly? What if I need to access service interfaces from various SCs in

integration process?

Thanks,

-Won

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have to use objects between two SWCVs then you have to first define deoendency between the two.

Also you should ensure that the original object(s) are not deleted till the time dependency exists.

As it is a BPM i hope the Service Interfaces that you are trying to use are Abstract.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Won,

Just to extend on what Abhishek said...

You'll need to create the dependancy in the SC that you're doing the integration process in. Double click on the SWCV where you're doing your integration process & then choose the Dependancy tab. Then make the ECC SC a dependancy of this SC.

Then you will have visibility of the service interfaces in the ECC SC.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

I added the dependency and it resolved the issue.

-Won