cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Prompt with preset values

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to create a prompt in WEBI which would display like below..

"Dollar Denomination"

This should have a preset of values

"1"

"1000"

"1000000"

When user executes the WEBI, the prompt should allow to select one value from the list of three values.

I tried creating a prompt in query filter using" In List" option, but the default values are not populated. If I click "Set default values" and enter the three, those three values are selected by default.

I want uses to select one of the value from these three values given above.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I guess you are trying to create a prompt at reprt (query) level.

If you select "In List" as an opertaor then it will allow users to select multiple values. For allowing only one value to select

use "Equal to" operator.

To populate a list of values these values must appear from the object on which you are creating the prompt. For enabling the

list make the filter as prompt from the available options, now go to prompt properties (small question mark will open the

window) and select the check-box "Select only from the List"

While at the universe level you can write the definiton as:

@Select(Class\Object) In List @Prompt('Select Unit:','N',{1,1000,1000000},mono,constrained)

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

Thanks for your reply. I tried both the suggestions but failed with errors

In Universe, I created a dimension under the section "Key Figures" and named it "Dollar Denomination"

and my formula for that was

@Select(Key Figures\Dollar Denomination) In List @Prompt('Select Unit:','N',{1,1000,1000000},mono,constrained)

It fails with parsing "Parsing Failed: Invalid Definition(UNV0023)

With WEBI:

I created a query filter with "Dollar Denomination" (that was blank dimension in the universe) and selected "Equal to" and selected as "Prompt" -> Clicked on the little question button and selected the following

Prompt properties:

Checked:

Prompt with list of values

Keep last values selected

Check "Set default values"

and keyed in

Ones

Thousands

Millions

I click on "..." button and could see that there is a prompt

"Enter Dollar Denomination" : Ones;Thousands; Millions

and Ones is selected on the right hand side.

But when I deselect it and type Thousands in search conditon, it fails with database error MDX query with member....

Sorry, I could not attach any screenshot with this message, but both failed..

any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

it fails with database error MDX query with member....

Are you using OLAP universe..? If yes then the syntax given by me will not work in the universe designer as it is meant to be

used for relational univ. Also I guess you are writing the definition given by me in the dimension whereas it should be written in the

condition object (predefined filters) created in the universe.

"Set default values" option is to define a default value selected in the prompt when it appears in front of the user and not to define

the list of values. So, for your requirement I guess you have to go with the desinger option only as it will give you a list of value for

the selection because you do not have any such objects which will give you 1, 1000.. values to select you.

which database you are using..?

Are you trying to get the value from the user which will scale the key-figures in the report...?

blank dimension..meant by you is where you have not defined any select clause..?

If it is a relational database then you can try with the defn.(to be written in a condion object) given earlier. Also for that create a

measure/key-figure but do not leave it blank write any dummy defintion.

Regards,

Rohit