cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Connection to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am currently working on a client that is running MDM 7.1 and connecting to R/3 4.7 as the client system. The business is currently ramping up to a ECC 6.0 system and wanting to eventually connect MDM 7.1 fully to this ECC 6.0 system. My question is, for a unit test, I've been asked to connect the MDM system (Dev) environment, to a testing client in the ECC 6.0 system and syndicate a few (vendor) records to make sure (from a unit test perspective) there are no issues.

My question is, is this possible? Can we just connect our dev MDM server to the ecc 6.0 target system for this unit test, syndicate, and then connect back to 4.7? We do not want to have to connect all 3 tiers, as this would inturrupt vendor creates / changes for our end user production environment.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Nichole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

Yes,it is possible

i would suggest in MDM create two remote system and define two separate port for remote system for e.g. SAP R3 4.7 and ECC in this case MDM development server connect to ECC as well as SAP R3 4.7 and you can syndicate the data and perform unit test which ever system you want by syndication map setting

Hope this will resolved your problem if not revert back

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

So you are saying to create the ECC 6 remote system in MDM Console (4.7 remote system is already there since this is what MDM is currently connected to) and define a port for ECC 6...this would involve creating another set of file folders (inbound & outbound status/ready/archive)...is that correct?

And then by creating a syndication map, I can then select which environment to syndicate from? In my case, Dev?

Are these all correct assumptions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

Are these all correct assumptions?

your understanding is correct. You need to create separate Remote system for ECC 6.0 Type as Inbound/outbound and then need to create a syndication map in Syndicator and then need to assign this map using Outbound Port Table of MDM console.

Once the file comes to MDM outbound folder of ECC remote system in desired format XML/Text then need to pick this file using PI and then changes into desired ECC 6.0 (IDOC format) in PI and then should post this IDOC to ECC 6.0 DEV environment.

For this you also need to do settings in PI and ECC 6.0 and register ECC 6.0 in your SLD.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

How are you connecting MDM to ECC right now?

Is it done through a middleware tool (PI,webmethods etc) or you have some native connectivity.

If it is middleware, then it is better to add one more received to the middleware system and let it deliver data to both the ECC systems.

You don't need to change anything in MDM.

If you have any native connectivity between MDM and ECC, then it is better to create a Remote system in MDM and add it to syndication map.

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Aug 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would go in this way....

I will not change anything in SAP MDM repository.

Build another Interface in SAP PI for SAP ECC. Deactivate your current 4.7 PI Interface...(Pls consult with SAP PI consultant whether he can keep both interface active...i think NOT)

You need to check wheather reference data in your SAP ECC and 4.7 is same (There should not be change)

IDOC in SAP ECC and xsd utilised in MDM should be similar.

Please let me know your comments on this approach.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole

Approach1-->

You can define a separate remote system for ECC 6.0 in MDM which can be used for connecting to it. Subsequently ports need to be defined for this new remote system.

Next step would be preparing the MDM repository data-

Check the lookup table records, if they contain same set of records as defined in ECC.

Update the remote key mapping for the looup table records for the new remote system.

Create new maps(import and Syndication) after selecting the new remote system. The existing maps cant be reused.

Approach-->2

As suggested by Rc you can create a new PI interface pointing to ECC 6.0 with the same MDM setup. Prerequisite is that no changes are required in the Lookup tables and the Schema files.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nichole,

My question is, is this possible? Can we just connect our dev MDM server to the ecc 6.0 target system for this unit test, syndicate, and then connect back to 4.7?

I agree with Jignesh. Rather than connect back to 4.7, Simultaneously you can create two remote systems one for 4.7 and other for ECC 6.0 and then can test it as per your requirement.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini