cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of forecast at another location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents,

Can you advise if there is a way of consuming the forecast release to plant a for product 1, however the sales order for product 1 can be assigned to plant B, although this sales order demand was considered as part of the forecast released to plant a.

This is not a data issue, but relates to the customer process/practice.

Are there any particular BADI ' that should be considered?

Would you identify any particular disadvantages?

Has this been done anywhere before?

I have to date considered assigning a consumption group to the various product locations and when the sales order arrived in APO perform a check, calculation to consume the forecast in plant A, however not sure if this creates more issues, e,g, there is no entry in /SAPAPO/RRP3 of the sales order consuming the forecast etc.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed not required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If I am not wrong, Product Aggregation should suit your business requirement.

If you have already solved this problem, please do share with us.

Thanks and regards

VSK

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about the delivering plant option in the sales order. The line itme would have the forecast plant but the delivering plant would the the non forecast plant. Just a thougt. Let me know if it works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GS,

apologies I do not understand your reply, can you provide a little more details or tell me the steps to achieve this in the sales order?

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Use the functionality 'Location Split' in DP (transaction /SAPAPO/MC7A) to release forecast for product A, location X to product A, location Y.

regards,

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biplak,

thanks for the reply, however my model is one product, forecast is at location A and sales orders are supplied from location B. The requirement is to ensure the forecast is consumed as the sales orders are received in APO.

Cheers

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Not sure if this resolved but I can say that this is probably not supported in standard SAP (BADI's and enhancements included) for obvious reasons of inconsistency. First of all the consumption logic (macro) in SAP is hardcoded. Secondly this might have negative consequences for pegging purposes unless you are using CTM application in which case a forecast planned at one location can be consumed against requirement at another location based on pegging relationship.. I am not an expert on CTM either but trust SAP provides such a capability with CTM. There could be other drivers like dependent requirements and its pegging etc.

If no CTM,you can try using the concept of a planning location that is mapped to both plant A and plant B (not possible if they are part of different ECC systems) so that consumption is always consistent for all customers !! .. if that is indeed the requirement (all customers and not some customers). If customers are also locations in APO, then you can make use of dummy locations to map some customers !! to see if consumption works consistently.

There is a development that I came across some time back, that addresses the similar issue not with location but for products. so presume, such a logic can be applied for cross location consumption too !!

The logic keeps allocated supply reduction, pre-sales document's quantity reduction and forecast consumption in sync whenever a substitute item is fully or partially delivered against a main item X (which is the one planned) requested. In this case both main and substitute item differ only in their characteristics (without use of characteristics either in sales or planning) so it is imperative that the consumption against forecast of product X at location Y should happen for both product X and product Z at location Y so that requirements are not over planned, forecast accuracy is not mis-interpreted and remaining allocation of original item is left unconsumed for there could be no luxury of supply.

Interestingly there was no concept of planning material or characteristics even though strong business case exists do so. May be that is the context of such a development.

Though not an answer to your question but hope this gives some directions. If you care to share any neat standard SAP capabilites without any work arounds on the cross location consumption, I shall much appreciate.

Regards,

Loknath

Edited by: Loknath Rao on Jul 3, 2011 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you please elaborate your requirement. Its not clear

Regards

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valibhav,

Forecast is release for Product 1 to Plant A, the release is from DP to SNP.

However when the sales order is created, it is for Product 1 at Plant B, the client wants the original forecast at Plant A to to consumed.

Do you know of away of achieving this with minimal development etc?

Cheers

Paul