cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling dependant demand at another plant in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gents,

I have a modelling question that you mayb be able to help with. I ma currently using SCM7.0, in the throes of implementing second phase of impleemntation. Requirement relates to modelling a planing solution that is currently achieved in the ECC system.

In ECC there is a finished good and a component product. Both of these products exist in plant 1 and plant 2. When demand arrived for the finished good at plant 1 this places a trasnfer request on the same finished good in plant 2. In turn finished good is manufactured in plant 2 and places a dependant demand on the component on plant 1, this is achieved by having a special procurement key that ensures the plant assignment on the planned order for the component is plant 1. However the BOM and recipe for the finished product are assigned to plant 2. Without the introduction of this special procurent key in ECC the demand for the component would have been placed on plant 2.

My question

How is it possible to replicate the action of this special procurment key as when I transfer the PDS to my APO system the plant assignment is Plant 2, therefore when optimizing the there is no demand or transfer for the component product in plant 1.

The reason for this special procurement key is the component is manufactured in plant 2 but trasnferred to plant 1. Therefore when demand is received for the finished good, to manufacture this finished good in plant 2 it must fiirst place the demand for any stock of the component in plant 1 prior to manufacturing additional amounts of the component in plant2.

Cheers

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

maybe these two links help

[Production in Another Location |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

[Component Withdrawal in Another Location |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Frank Horlacher on Aug 16, 2010 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul

I think you have sp. Procurement key and procurement type as external supplier at plant 1 , due to which the requirement is directly getting transfer to Plant 2. I think if you put the procurement type as u201CXu201D , at plant 1, it will try for in house production which will place dependent demand on component at plant 1. If we do not have stock on component at plant 1, than it will place demand on plant 2.

This is just idea based on how I understood you scenario.

Thanks

Amol