Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap in webdynpro Application

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Whenever we run any webdynpro application there is small gap in the internet explorer and our UI elements of application.

My requirement is that the application should start from topmost left corner of the internet explorer window, without any gap.

Please provide solution.

Regards,

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm - when I run my apps directly (e.g. test from SE80 - I don't have any border).

It might be that you are running the app in the portal, the iView/page is adding a border. In the portal, there is an option for display of iView/page that allows for padding to be added, you might want to check that particular setting.

Cheers,

Chris

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Am testing my application through SE80 and not from portal.

When we run our application , there is GAP in the application UI element and the Internet explorer window.

This GAP i want to avoid it,

For more clarification regarding the GAP check the below link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/CreatinganALVListinWebDynpro+Application

If you check the last image in that link where the application is shown,

There you can see the GAP in the UI element and the internet explorer window.

I want to avoid this GAP and the UI element should be displayed from the topmost left corner of the internet explorer window.

Regards,

Bharat

Edited by: bharat tambat on Aug 12, 2010 7:44 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried the same, and it does seem that some border is always applied for some elements. But not all.

For example, the group that is used by the IDR in FPM GAF does extend to the border of the app:

[standard FPM demo application - IDR extends to edge|http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/Chris_Paine/FPMdemo.jpg]

It seems that when running this standard app the WD context frame is pushed all the way to the edge of the browser, yet this is not the case with test app I built. I [couldn't get a table to go flush against the edge whatever I tried.|http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/Chris_Paine/customapp.jpg]

Also, in my custom app - I can right-click all around the padding around the app and access the HTML source - not so in the standard app (the standard web dynpro menu appears not the IE right click menu). Yet I can't see any obvious difference in the coding of the two views/windows.

Because I tend to develop all my apps using the FPM I always get this flush to the edge behaviour - but I'm really not sure why or how the FPM manages this.

I'd be very interested if anyone had any suggestions on how this is done in the application code.

Cheers,

Chris

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris..

I will be waiting for replies....

Regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharat,

Maybe you can try the property of the layout, there's a property " pad ", you could try the " padless" value.

Maybe it can help avoid the gap.

Regards,

Aaron

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tried that...

But it dosent help....

Regards,

Bharat