cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transform data using the Syndicator tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to transform data using the MDM Syndicator in a very similar way to what I am able to perform using the Import Manager.

For example:

I have field call Unit of Measure with values from my source system (EA, HU, TH) and I need to convert them to what the target system can accept (PE, HP, TP).

Value in MDM would be "EA" and the matching value that I need in my export field is "PE"...pretty simple.

I thought I would be able to accomplish this by creating a table in the Merge Item tab, however the value that I am trying to convert is a value within a qualified look-up.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought I would be able to accomplish this by creating a table in the Merge Item tab, however the value that I am trying to convert is a value within a qualified look-up

As per my understanding, Selecting/filling the Properties of Merge Item like Matching Fields and Source Fields to Merge which may be not possible as it is within qualified table using Main table of Syndicator.

I would suggest using PI/XI this transformation of data e.g. EA to PE can be easily handled and thus your target system can accept the desired values. PI is the best option to handle such cases.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahonman

in syndication conversion is not possible you can try out following point

Syndication :

Create one lookup table and define 3 fields i.e. Code, Technical Code and Description in code field you define value (EA,HU,TH) and in Technical code define its corresponding value (PE,HP,TP) and if value doesn't have convert value keep same value as in Technical code for e.g. in Code (IN,PC) and Technical Code (IN,PC) then in syndication map this Technical Code to destination side see the preview

Importing :

same way you can import the data by creating 3 fields as mention above

Hope this will resolved your problem

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel