cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account picked for the "wrong" source system entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in SRM 7.0, Classic Scenario, i am facing the following issue with respect to G/L account determination in the SC:

We have three R/3 systems connected to SRM. All these R/3 systems use the same Material Groups, but the G/L accounts are different in each R/3 system.

In the Table "Determination of G/L Account using product categories", i have maintained the repsective combinations. For each combination of product category and account assignment category, the respective G/L account is defaultet for the respective source system.

But in the shopping cart, the determination of the correct G/L does not always work. When a user enters the shopping cart initially with a line item that is accounted to his default account assignment category, than the correct G/L account for his source system is derived. But if he changes the account assignment category of the line item, than a G/L account from a "wrong" source system is getting picked up from the table.

I have checked the GUIDs of the product categories between "Comm_category" and "bbp_det_account" and they are correct.

What can be the reason for the picking of the G/L account from the wrong source system?

Can the note 1357871 bring the correction?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note you were referring is for SP 04. I am sure you are on higher package and might not be applicable.

I think it is detemining from your configuration where you might have defined like PRCAT1-R3CLNT100-CC-G/L1, PRCAT1-R3CLNT200-FI-G/L2. Initially when you have selected CC it detemines G/L1 and when you change the category to FI it changes to G/L2.

Check this let us know your findings.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply the oss note - 1452683.

Regards,

K Gp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

thank you for pointing me in that direction.

But we still run on SP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi K Gp,

thank you very much for the note.

Since we still run on SP02, is it correct to assume that we need to implement the note 1357871 first? Do i need than to test whether the error is than rectified and if not, than implement the note 1452683?

And if after the implemention of the note 1357871 the error still persists, do we need first to delete that note before implementin the folllo-on note?

Thank you very much for your advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go ahead and implement the oss note 1452683 and all the pre-requisite oss notes.

Regards,

K Gp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implement note: 1357871 and then note 1452683. Test it after both of them are implemented.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

unfortunately the issue still persists.

In the meanwhile, the following notes are implemented and still in the system:

1357871 / 1452683 / 1420622 / 1365271

Is there maybe something wrong with have all these notes together in the system?

Are there maybe any other notes?

What about the note 338588? Is it somehow linked to the problem?

Is there any other possibility to takle the problem?

Thank you very much!

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dima,

I think your problem comes from your source system for product category management.

Could you clarify one point: if you change account assignment category, does new G/L account have to be determined for same backend system too or not ?

If yes, correct new G/L account will be determined using your customizing (IMG: SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Account Assignment > Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category ).

If it does not work, log an OSS message.

If no, you need to switch value for each SC item field BBP_PDIGP-LOGSYS_FI from old backend source system to the new one. For this, use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

Then, your customized G/L account definition for product category and account assignment category should be OK.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dima,

Make sure that you specify a correct combination of Category Id, Source System , Account Assignment Category and G/L Account in the configuration "Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category"

At the same time, make sure that product categoies are perfectly replicated from respective backends and the User who is creating the Cart has proper Backend system maintained against the Product Categories in his Extended Attributes.

Virender Singh