cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter - FTPEx: 550 Access denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my receiver file adapter scenario I'm getting 550 Access denied in RWB.

I am a little confused here because I could access the FTP client from my desktop using the same User and Password informed in the Receiver CC. I also could drag and drop a file there.

Here you have Detail Display in RWB, it seems that at least the user is working fine for PI also:

Success: Connecting to FTP server "<FTP IP>"

Success: Write to FTP server "192.168.10.85", directory "\Transportadoras\10326750000101\",   file "Nfe_teste.xml"

Success: Transfer: "TXT" mode, size 8881 bytes, character encoding UTF-8

Error: Attempt to process file failed with An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '192.168.10.85:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access denied.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Error MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '192.168.10.85:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Access denied.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Regards,

Daniela

Edited by: Daniela Machado on Aug 11, 2010 10:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daneial,

This is an issue due to any firewall or proxy between your Xi system and the FTP.In this case the direct logon

works with same user but when XI tries to create file at runtime you get this error due to network issues.

To resolve this contact your Basis/Network guys and

1. Set the permissions to FTP User you are using as 777 rights(full access to read , write and delete)

2.If you have access to PI server, try to telnet /connect to ftp using command prompt (open ftp .....) the FTP server form there, you should see the same error there , inform this to your network guys.

3.Clear all the files places already in the ftp (take backup) and test afresh after permissions are set by basis team.

Regards,

$rinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your helpful information, I will contact Network guys to take a look into firewall/proxy.

I will update this thread as soon as we find the route cause.

Regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you found a solution to this yet?

I have once fixed this problem by changing the "put file" from "Use Temporary File" to "Directly". You can find this setting in the PI java -> "Configuration: Integration Builder" -> Communication Channel" -> Parameters -> Processing.

But now I have the same problem again on another reciever and I can't figure out why. I can ftp manually to my reciever but my stupid SAP system gives me FTPEx: 550...

Br Linus Hellsing

Edited due to bad spelling by: Linus Hellsing on Aug 30, 2010 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linus,

My problem was related to network issues'as mentioned by Srinivas, I didn't need to change anything in my receier adapter settings. A network guy reviewed all the FTP setting and permissions with another FTP that is already working fine here, (he didn't tell me exactly what he did) and then it worked.

Regards,

Daniela

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniela,

I am a little confused here because I could access the FTP client from my desktop using the same User and Password informed in the Receiver CC.

Have you tried accessing FTP from PI server (not from your desktop)? The problem could be the user-id or the folder permissions or firewall (if any). Check with Basis, FTP and network team.

Regards,

Neetesh

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniela,

Just make sure that User in the communication channel has delete Aouthorization on the file.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

thanks for your reply.

I could move and delete a file from this directory using the same user in the CC.

Regards,