Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Network Activity?

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Like statistical WBS, statistical Internal order, is there any funcitonality in Network or Network activity?

ie . Statistical Network or statistical Network activity.

any inputs would be appreciated.

regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Scenario:

Company ABC sends PO/contract to the contractor for constuction. But Company ABC would like to track the progress of the construction in their SAP system within the same project where they generate & send PO.

I have two WBS elements in the project hierarchy, one on the left and one on the right.

WBS-Left is for real postings. WBS-Right is for statistical postings.

Both WBS will have NWA.

For WBS Left: Real

All the postings happen only in Network activity. For WBS-left NWA will update the planned costs by means of PR only and actual costs by GR only. No issues on this.

For WBS-right: Statistical

Planned costs from General costs activity only with NWAE for various nature of costs. Actual costs will get updated from Primavera. That is, when Primavera sends the actual costs, there shoul be a postings in SAP system without financial impact.

Thats why I am looking for statistical NWA or statistical CE etc.. eventhough I know it is not available.

WBS and NWA on the right is used for progress analysis only using cost proportional.

Hope I have explained better. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Aug 17, 2010 3:35 PM

Linked in link removed - please keep this in your SCN business card

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use KAFD transaction to do a one sided statistical posting.

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Virendra,

Thanks for your input.

1. What is one sided statistical posting. I assume that there is no need to give CO object for real posting for each transaction.

2. Can we use the costs posting from this transaction (statistical costs) for progress analysis (cost proportional)? I did not get proper results during my initial testing. I may need to test again.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

conventional accounting follows double entry that means for every debit there is a credit

KAFD can be used as take on entry statistical which does not have the other soe entry - mraning you can debit or credit on any given cost element for reporting purposes, data take on etc

I usually use this for migration adjustments. I have not used this for EVA hence said "try"

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can share the business requirement which necessitates a statistical Network Activity, the forum might help you out with a work around.

Regards,

Arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

As of now this functionality is not there in the system. Maybe you will have to wait until this is incorporated in the future enhancement packs.

Regards,

Gokul

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of now in system( till EPH4) there is not concept of stastical Network/ Network activity in system.

With Regards

Nitin P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that is available