cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java stack visibilty from abap stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one doubt i know this is quite basic.How to check from abap stack that java stack is also installed.From smicm we can check j2ee server operational.But i wanted to know is there a way we can know from spam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are couple of ways to do this:

1. Check the J2EE engine is up and running by accessing the URL http://<sap servername>:<j2ee port>/useradmin, the j2ee servername can be found from SMICM

2. Another simple(but crude) way to check is look in DB02, if you find the java stack related tablespace (for e.g. PSAPJ2EDB,

PSAPJJJDB) , you can assume that you have JAVA stack installed. This is only if your database is Oracle.

These were the ones, i could quickly think of, I am sure there are other ways to check for example, check /usr/sap/<SAPSID> directory for presence of J2EE directories.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other simple way I could say is in SM51 Tcode under message types if you can see j2ee along with other process then that system has JAVA stack installed along with ABAP i.e., (ABAP+JAVA)

Regards,

Sharath

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you won't see JAVA information in SPAM.

SPAM is an ABAP-only tool to update ABAP support packs.

apart from SMICM, you won't see much JAVA information in an ABAP stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Thanks for the info.I had one doubt what is this component for then ST-PI.So whatever add on is present in the abap stack would be for abap stack and not for java stack.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that's correct, the ST-PI is for the ABAP stack. The add-on Solution Tools Plug-In (ST-PI) provides Basis and Trace Tools, which are required for service delivery and system monitoring:

Function modules for data collection

Transaction SDCC - Service Data Control Center (Release 4.0B - 4.6D)

Transaction SQLR - SQL Trace Interpreter (Release 4.0B - 4.6D)

Regards,

Siddhesh