cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission Error 777 in the root directory /Oracle/SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I have an instance of SAP ERP 6.0 on AIX 6.1 - Oracle 10.2.0.4. It was connected to the server via console as root user in the /oracle/SID. I wanted to give permissions to a file within the saparch, but by mistake was not located in the directory saparch, but in the directory /oracle/SID and run the command chmod-R 777 *, now all directories and files of /oracle/SID have full file permissions, including the database and Oracle binaries.

As will be committed a grave error, and of course I have problems of connection between SAP and the Database. The SAP instance of this new as it was preparing for a production server.

I have a backup of filesystems.

What are your recommendations? I was under the support including database, oracle binaries and complete directory of usr SAP? although the latter was not within the problem.

Or all the instance completely uninstalling and reinstalling?

I appreciate all the help!!

regards,

Desiree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have enough space for this, rename /oracle/SID to /oracle/SIDold

create /oracle/SID

restore your last backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

But I have a question when I run the chmod command also included Oracle binary directory 102_64, I will not have problems if only recover the database instance (sapdata1..x, sapreorg, saptrace, mirrlogA, etc)?

Or I have to recover the directory 102_64 (Oracle Software) + USR SAP ?

Regards

Desiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you dont need to go for a restore you can change the permission for the oracle executable

for this please follow the note

Note 583861 - UNIX: Errors due to Oracle executable

for the SAPDATA's please check in the other working system for the permission and set the same for this system also.

But make sure that your sap system is down before changing the permission

I hope this will surely solve your problem

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya.

Thanks for the information, the note oss worked correctly and the system is working well.

But as I resolve all the privileges granted to the other files in addition to the files SAPdatas? Change everything manually? because it changed the permissions to the directories saptrace, sapreorg, origlogA ... and other directories and files that are within the 102_64. Or I can leave with some of the 777 permission?

Best Regards,

Desiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No problem it will not harm your system. But you can do one more thing. Can you please check the permission for the other systems for their sapdata floders and give the same permission to this system also.

This will be very good if you can do that....

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest going to your last good filesystem backup.