cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set visible on cproject's project customer tab for a specific type of phase

0 Kudos

hello gurus,

I'm wondering if i can set visible a custom tab on cproject for a specific type of phase (not all phases). I know that I can relate a tab on SPRO for an specific object (DPO, PPO, etc). But this tab is shown for all the object for which it is related to. Any idea or document

Regards

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

no. You will not be able to set a tab visible only for a specific phase type or task type etc. through customizing.

I think you will need to do some developments.

I do not have the exact place. But basically the tabs are part of WD component DPR_DET_CONTAINER. I would set a few breakpoints there.

Somewhere the system must e.g. determine, if the approval tab is active for a given phase type. It should be possible to enhance the coding in the respective class / method.

Hope it helps a bit...

Regards

Thorsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, I don't think that this works through customizing. I guess you will need an enhancement of the web dynpro application. But cannot tell you exactly where.

Best regards, Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Thanx for your reply. I know that this cant be done only for SPRO (this is only a part of the work). But my cuestion is if i can assign a tab to the object phase for example (this can be only done through spro) and only make it visible for one type or class of phase (not visible for all the phases)...

Regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mariana,

An alternative to your requirement could be disabling the fields within the custom tab, depending on your phase type. This would be an easier approach. It would be just a matter of time for the end users to get used to it.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

0 Kudos

Hello vivek,

Thanx for your reply. This could be a workaround, i will think about it. But what about the fact that for some of the phases´s type, this tab is not relevant at all (so i dont have to make it visible to the user, because it could be led to user´s confussion), that is why i'm trying to come up with this idea or some other idea... but i really want to know if this can be done with cproject or not, make visible a custom tab for the type of the object on wich is related to... i will wait for your replies, thanks a lot

Best Regards,

MC