cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Report on transactions performed in SRM_MDM catalog (SRM5 MDM2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the recommended way to do reporting for transactions performed INSIDE SRM_MDM catalog ( SRM5, MDM2.0)

Users inside SRM_MDM catalog can search for and select Product ABC and u201Ccompareu201D between 2 or more suppliers.

Where do I get reporting (Data Manager , syndicator?)

Is it possible to get reporting of the shopping cart (MDM catalog). I choose Supplier X at price $12 vs Supplier Y at price $11 for product ABC. Were trying to find out how many times users choose a higher price for a product instead of a lower price for the same product.

By the time i transfer the Cart to SRM the selection has already been made and i cannot report on it...

Option use BI to run report in MDM catalog..?

cheers

alex

Edited by: Alex Waiyaki on Aug 11, 2010 5:24 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex.

This was a really a good initiative of bringing this topic into this forum.Integrating SRM-MDM Catalog to BI for reporting purposes.

But this functionality is not offered as a standard. Also SAP has to come up with such innovations in the future.

I can think of some workaround to achieve your functionality(but not 100%)

You can achieve this by using Shopping List* functionality provided in the SRM-MDM Catalog.

You can create your own shopping list and before you transfer items to SRM, you can push those data to Shopping List, so that

you can have an entry of items which you are transferring to SRM. So now you can integrate MDM and BI to bring up an analytical report based on the item which is transferred using Catalog.

One usecase which is missing here is "How many times a person is shopping the same item" which couldn't be achieved from SRM-MDM Catalog and MDM side. But could achieve it from SRM end. You can write this logic in the BADI when the data is transferred back to SRM.

Hope it give you a some idea.

*Shopping List = Favourites

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking in the same line of BI puling contract price vs SRM Shopping Cart price. I am working with my BI guy to see whats possible.

cheers

alex

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Alex.

Can you update the thread once you found a workaround/solution?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala

my client will implement business objects next year so we can wait for that and link MDM to BO and do our reporting.

another tentative solution were looking at is since we want the delta information of the price information vs service item we are thinking of

1. downloading our data

2. do a periodic update/upload of price of service items

3. run another download after we have uplaoded our new pricing information.

So we can get a delta. thisis also needed for audit purposes-validation....

Its a long process but this what wre working with... still investigation other options as time permits...like using a workflow...

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala

I will use the change tracker for my requirement that has soon changed slightly....

please view the attcahed thread.

thans for your support

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Wanted to add that the change tracking is now also supported for Qualified tables. Earlier, MDM 5.5, qualified table changes were not tracked. So say if price information is maintained in MDM using qualified table and if you are on MDM 5.5 change tracking application will not resolve the reporting needs.

Also there is an option of using DB Views on slave repositories which can be customized for specific reporting needs. You can try exploring this as well.

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

H iRavi

I am on MDM 5.5 and your saying that change tracker will not work for Price info maintained in qualified tables?. Thatu2019s disappointing. I thought this would work for me.

Now DB views, I cant seem to get documentation on DB views. Can you explain how they work? Is MDM ABAP API needed for this?

Cheers

alex

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I would like to make some corrections in Ravi's statement.

As per my knowledge, there was some limitation in tracking change in Qualified tables in MDM 5.5, but from MDM 5.5 SP06 onwards this has been resolved and you should be good.

Please can you give a try and check in console if change tracking option is enabled for Price Qualified tables.

Kindly revert with the Result...

MDM Experts,

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv

Were actually just about to go to SP06 so. i will revert back in 1-2 weeks after we get there

cheers

alex

Answers (0)