cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum data that can be stoed on Handheld MI 7.1 using MinDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the answers would vary based on many other variables like device, memory, amount of fields, length of fields etc

However, we would like to get a general idea of how many records anyone has managed to store and efficiently run a SAP Mobile Handheld Application (Occasionally Connected) using MinDB running on WM5.0, 64 mb ram (MC70), running application on eSWT.

Our device seems to work alright when we have less than 500 records, but performance drastically reduces as the number of records go up. Are there any performance tweaks we can use?

>>>The actual business requirement was to house 20,000 records on the handheld, so I am having a hard time imagining how the performance tweaks could scale up the performance that drastically...<<<

Any help would be most helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that really helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch to DB2e. Performance is noticeably better than minDB.

I am not sure if our business scenario is at 20,000 records.

But at a minimum I know in our case DB2e is handling around 10,000 records.

However, depending on whether you are access 20,000 records in a session or over the lifespan of the application, 64MB will not be enough.

We tried using 64MB devices, but experienced crashing on synchronization (several thousand records being processed) or around the 3 hour mark of continuous use, eventually had to move over to 128MB with the ability to auto restart client at end of synchronization. Then performance was "alright" for our business users.

Now looking to move to 256MB and better processor with the MC9500.