cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass Userid to WD App as Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We have our company intranet web page built in Share Point, we want to build a Web Dynpro ABAP app that will take

the UserID (of the User who opens the intranet web page) as parameter and show details about that user.

I know how to add my WD app to the Share Point web page but not sure how to get the UserID from Share Point and pass

it as a parameter to WD app. Please let me know how i can acheive this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have SSO configured between Sharepoint and your portal/ABAP system (which I'm pretty sure is possible and is used for hosting ESS applications in Sharepoint), then you should just be able to use the sy-uname variable in your code.

However, if you are not using SSO, then beware the licensing implications of your design - as you are in effect bypassing the SAP licensing model - and you could get into trouble with SAP. I would ensure that you spoke with your SAP account manager before proceeding any further with your design (they may not have a problem, but I would definitely check that before proceeding).

Good luck,

Chris

aaron_morden2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SE80, select your WDA application, and select the Parameters tab. Create a UserID parameter here.

Then selecect the startup window of your component and select the Inbound Plug tab. Select your StartUp plug and define UserID as an importing parameter.