cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with trusted system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a scenario like this.We have role in R/3 which contains the bex query.When we click on it would launch internet explorer.But the the problem now is that it is asking for user id and password which before the upgrade it was not asking.The setting has been done for the query it has a trusted system connection.The RFc works fine but why does it prompt for the user name and password.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

re-create the trust with these system and re-init the username and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

For info we have upgraded the R/3 system from 4.6c to 6.0 and BW system is 3.5.Have you faced this situation earlier where we have a bex query triggred from ECC 6.0 which uses the trusted RFC to login into BW and execute the query.But it is prompting for user name and password.Before the upgrade it was not prompting for a password.Thanks.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not had this problem. I upgrade my BW system to netweaver first.

netweaver 7 changes the way password are stored.

so, re-create your trust, username and password as suggested earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have respected trusted system added in SMT1 tcode. This will resolve your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Please help us in this regard.Our BW system is at 3.5 so that would mean that 2004 right.As of now we cannot upgrade BW system.We are trying to connect ECC 6 to BW 3.5.There the problem is arising.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would still try to recreate RFC as suggested by earlier post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RFC which you have created, just check the logon and security tab whether you have made the ssytem as trusted or not,

and also in the user id and pwd dont put any values, just select current user.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Try this one though which I am a bit skeptical that it may work. Can you please give all the password in uppercase in the RFC and checkagain? It could be an issue with downward compatibility

Edited by: Venkatesh Koukuntla on Aug 19, 2010 5:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP came up reply saying that two different versions cannot be connected.I am not convinced with that reply since before the upgrade we were able to connect 4.6c system to BW3.5 but now after the upgrade we are not able to connect Ecc6 system to BW 3.5 system.Any thoughts on this.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now we cannot simulate since the landscape has been upgraded.Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to renew the certificates. May be you can login to the java stack and renew it by querying the source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont have a java stack involved.