cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if someone aleready experienced a load balancing on ADS feature from a NW 7 Java application ?

We would like to have 2 ADS install for a same SAP instance in order to switch from one to the other automatically in cas of failure on one of the 2 ADS ?

thank in advance

L HENRY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to have 2 ADS install for a same SAP instance in order to switch from one to the other automatically in cas of failure on one of the 2 ADS ?

You can use SAP Webdispatcher for load balancing between the two servers for ADS. And as I understand you are not talking two different ADS systems but two Java application servers. Right ?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In fact we are studying a solution and we can have the 2 cases:

1- ADS install on 2 Java Application servers and in this case perhaps webdispatcher is a good solution = if we lost one AS the second one will manage ADS request

2- Install and configure ADS on a primary SAP instance (ex SI1) and have it configure on a second instance (ex SI2) => in case we loose SI1 ADS, SI2 ADS will manage request.

What do you think ?

L HENRY

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first solution has been working fine for us.

There are two issues that I see with the second one. First you hardware resources will sit idle untill and unless you plan to use it for other purpose as well and secondly incase of a failure of the first system, you will have to manually change the RFC destination ADS.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in fact we don"t have this issue because our ADS is only use by a Java application.

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

In fact in solution 2, we only have to change

sap.com/tcwdpdfobject/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy/ConfigPort_Document

from SI1 URL to SI2 URL

But, I would like to know if it is not possible to do it automatically by configuring for exemple

sap.com/tcwdpdfobject/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy/SecConfigPort_Document

to SI2 URL.

But unfortunatly this didn't seems to work.

Does someone what SecConfigPort exactly mean ?

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact in solution 2, we only have to change

sap.com/tcwdpdfobject/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy/ConfigPort_Document

from SI1 URL to SI2 URL

So for ADS RFC destination on the ABAP system which will have Target Host and Service no. pointing to SI1, how will that be automatically changed to SI2 hostname and Port no. in case of a failure of SI1 ?

Thanks,

Naveed