cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the url of a wsdl

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing some maintenance on software which i didn't develop myself. I have limited experience with sap.

When i am looking in ecc 6.0, se80 I see the definition of some services. I see the client proxy's.

On the XI system I see the messages, and the wsdl. However I can not find the url of the wsdl.

How do I get this url?

Kind regards,

Frans.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

It's a client proxy which produces some information. PI is not an option. We are moving away from XI/PI and are replacing the

SAP middleware by BizTalk. As I see it BizTalk and it's development tools are more suitable for our organization. Besides, I think

XI and it's interface and development tools are a bit out dated. We have 4 interfaces running on XI which is very expensive.

Replacing this interface with BizTalk will save our organization about 40 keuro a year.

At this moment I am looking at [https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-111376] to see if this can solve my problem.

kind regards,

Frans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frans,

The site you have referred seems to be temporarily down.

PI is always optional when dealing with web services in an SAP environment anyway, PI is a nice to have to allow for easier design (like service interfaces), mediated services calls, better security, enhanced routing capabilities etc. You could still easily achieve what you want without PI altogether because SAP ECC supports web service communication (synchronous & asynchronous). PI works better for async communication & for different protocols.

What version of PI are you using? Another thing you could check is how you're doing your search on SOAMANAGER (internal or external name or both). Also if you see the Service Interface on PI, how is it defined? Is it Inbound or Outbound? Are the operation synchronous or asynchronous?

Regards, Trevor

0 Kudos

I contacted the developer and he told me that on the XI side a WSDL is a vailable, just as the definition of the interface,

but not a real interface, and certainly not a published web service. That explains why I couldn't find it using the soamanager,

wsadmin sicf etc. So he claims it is not a real web service. What a bummer, SAP hints that an interface is available as a web service but in reality it's not. For me this is hard to believe. Why representing something like a service when in fact it is not.

Really confusing.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frans,

That makes sense to a degree. What kind of proxies are you looking at? Consumer / Client proxies (where SAP is consuming an external web service) or Service / Provider proxies (where external parties are consuming SAP services) so I can understand your case a bit better?

In both cases though, if the interface was just defined / designed in PI & a proxy (client or service proxy) was generated in ECC from the resulting WSDL (PI WSDL) then you should see either one in SOAMANAGER because SOAMANAGER essentially displays the generated proxy to allow you to add futher configuration.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frans,

For Client (Consumer) Proxies you can get the URL from SOAMANAGER on the following way:

Got to following link:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/CREATINGOFWEBSERVICESANDCONSUMINGINSAP]

Then see the section in the WIKI entry that starts with the following text:

The proxy can be tested from SE80, but before that a logical port has to be created. to create a logical port go to transaction soamanmager and under business administration select webservice administration , and search for client proxy with zte*, all the client proxies will be displayed , select our proxy and apply selection .under details of proxy definition select the configuration tab

The third screen shot from there shows you the client proxy URL. The 2 screen shots before that (along with the text highlighted above) show you how to get there once you've launched transaction code SOAMANAGER.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try opening the WSDL file and under the element <wsdl:port>, look for <soap:address>, this should be the url of the wsdl.

Sandeep.K

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, you can get the WSDL with transaction WSADMIN or SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Edson Thomaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/<service name>?WSDL

most likely, the port is 8004.

If this doesn't work, try executing a Web Dynpro application and check for the difference

Best Regards,

Max