cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new entry in the named search table.

Now i have defined the search criteria in the free form search.

now i need to save the defined criteria to my named search.

When i try to save the search it asks for 'restore named search' or save named search.

i created a search with country name=india and next time i created country name=srilanka. Now when i press restore named search i dont get the search filter based on country naem= india.

I guess i missed how the process of creating and restoring named search.

Can any one clarify me.

KR

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

'restore named search'

this option is used tp show you the record that satisfies the selected named search under restore named search

save named search

This option is used to store the search in one of the named search.

If you assign the current search to existing namesaerch to which already some search assigned then one

warning popup will ask you to overrite the search or not and if you press YES then the previous search values overrite with new ones.

i created a search with country name=india and next time i created country name=srilanka. Now when i press restore named search i dont get the search filter based on country naem= india.

I am not able to understand the statement properly.

Did you saved your search as name search after country name=india or not.

Please mention in detail what u did.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did save after country name= india and later i changed it to country name = srilanka and saved it again.

Logically looking, if i press restore now it should revert back to contry name - india right!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

When you saved country name = srilanka again to same named search then definetly they ask

Are You sure you want to overrite the selected namedsearch with the current search selection?

and if you press yes then it will overrite the old search i.e. country name= india and when next time you restore the namedsearch then definetly it shows the records that satosfies country name = srilanka not the old one.

Hope it help you to understand the concept.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John.

You have created 1 named search with the search criteria as: Country=India.

Now you are trying to execute Country=Srilanka using the freeform search. Now you got some results.

Again you want to find the list of records for country India and now you restore the named search created for India and you are not getting expected results. Is this what you mean?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

@agarwal

Yes i pressed overwrite after i selected my second search.

So this means my first search is deleted completely and will not be available even if i select restore, am i right!!!

This time i tried with selecting No when it asked for overwrite, but still i cant see the first selection..

@chander

yes you are right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you are right.

This time i tried with selecting No when it asked for overwrite, but still i cant see the first selection..

just refresh the selection and then restore name search option

You will definetly get the same result.

try at yr end.

Thanks,

Sudhanhsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes i pressed overwrite after i selected my second search.

So this means my first search is deleted completely and will not be available even if i select restore, am i right!!!

Yes, Your understanding is absolutely correct.

Yes,this behavior is absolutely fine. Since you have Pressed no and didn't save current search in your Named search. So your Named search still has previous Search in Named search and so should show you first selection. Please refresh it again. You will get desired result. I mean save a search as Named Search and then refresh your Search criteria. As now you are geting all of your records. Now check with restore Named search to see your previous search.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John.

Named search is an ability to save the search selections made on a main table to a record on the MDM repositoryu2019s Named Searches table. It is also called as dynamic search.

Saving Named Search:

Let say you are searching for a field country name = "India" and now the datamanager filters you with 'X' records. Now you want to save this search results for later use. Navigate to the Search menu -> Save Named Search -> Select the named search which is already created(Ex: NameX). The search criteria will get saved under NameX.

Click the Reset Search Icon

Restoring Named Search:

Now if you want to restore the search which you have already created(NameX). You can navigate to the Search menu -> Restore Named Search -> NameX. It will give you the list of 'X' records.

Let me know if you have any query?

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Copying from the MDM data manager reference guide-

To save the current search selections as a named search:

1. Choose Search > Save as Named Search from the main menu.

2. Select the named search to which you want to save the current search selections from the cascading menu of named searches.

NOTE ►► A useru2019s ability to save to a named search is controlled by the Save Named Search role privilege in the MDM Console.

To restore search selections from a named search:

1. Choose Search > Restore Named Search from the main menu.

2. Select the named search from which you want to restore search selections from the cascading menu of named searches.

3. MDM clears the current search selections and restores the search selections of the named search.

Also check if your User is authorized to create a named search which is controlled by the Named Searches table privilege in the MDM Console.

Thanks-Ravi