cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm in the process of implementing the service desk functionality on SAP Solution Manager Ehp1 version.

Appreciate if you could kindly provide me a link to download the step-by-step implementation guide for this Solution manager helpdesk.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

A simple search in SDN would have given you the results

Check these:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000722612&_OBJECT=01100035870000012247...

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/05/02/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-i

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/06/13/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-ii

/people/kamran.ellahi2/blog/2006/01/13/setting-up-sap-service-desk-123-and-go

For more informations, do a search for 'service desk' in blog section.. you will find more than 10.. Best of luck..

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

Thanks a lot for your reply and truly appreciate the same. I belve the document you gave me would enable me to implement a fully functioning Solution Manager Help desk system which we badly need at this moment.

"Advanced Configuration Guide Service Desk for Service Providers

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1"

I believe this document would have all the steps listed for my requirement.

Thanks a lot once again.

Best regards

Kushan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Kushan,

I too think so..

As a best practise, I would recommend to close the thread if your question is answered.

Best of luck with your configuration and feel free to revert back in case of concerns.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have implemented the SAP Service Desk. It was working fine. But all of a sudden the "Support Notification" number has stopped getting assigned when creating messages from the satellite system.

I compared the implementation with another working help desk using "DNO_CUST01" and

SPRO  SAP Reference IMG  SAP Solution Manager Configuration Scenario Specific Settings  Service Desk Service Desk General Settings Define Transaction Type for "SLFN" and I dont see any differences.

What could be the problem ?

Appreciate if you could kindly help me to get this problem rectified.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please kindly verify the setup on both the ABAP and CRM number ranges are correctly done.

Cheers

SH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks a lot for the reply.

Could you please give me little more details ? Can I know the txn codes to check this ?

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to transaction SNUM. Select the Object CRM_SERVIC and click on Number Ranges (F7) and then click on Change Intervals. Check if you have an interval number 02. If not create a new interval numbered 02 (for example 9000000000 to 9999999999) with the External Number Range Box flagged. And save. That's it.

more info chk here,

Jansi

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have already checked DNO_CUST01, you might have observed that there exists 2 number ranges for SLFN ( I do belive that you are using this standard transaction type for service desk.) Internel number range which is for the messages from solman to solman and external number ranges which is for messages from satellite systems to solman.

As your problem is no more assignment of numbers to the message, I think your internal number range might have got exhausted. Could you please check the last number assigned to the ticket and compare it with the number ranges? Check the number ranges from the transactions DNO_NOTIF and CRMC_NR_RA_SERVICE.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivjansi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have only one interval defined in both the solution manager systems. one is working fine and the other is not.

When I create a message from the solman it self it picks up the correct number but when I create a message from the satellite system it shows as some number starting with 90000* but I have only 80000* range defined in my system.

This was working fine till Yday but all of a sudden it has changed.

What could be the reason ?

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you create the interval number 2 ,as i said earlier and check again.

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for helping me with this issue.

I've found the reason. There were few more Notification Types I could see under DNO_CUST01 such as "SLF1", "SLF2', "SLF3" and "SLF4". I went and deleted SLF2-4 and now its working fine.

Thanks a lot once again.

Best Regards

Kushan

Answers (0)