cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different roles for NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

SAP documentation states that there are four roles for authorizing users of the NetWeaver Administrator tool:

- SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL

- SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL_READONLY

- SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL

- SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONLY

Actually I have a 7.1 system here where the users are taken from an ABAP backend. In this system there are additionally three roles starting with "NWA"

- NWA_JAVA_SUPPORT

- NWA_READONLY

- NWA_SUPERADMIN

All of them are stored in the UME database.

Now it seems as if with these three roles the four roles mentioned above are worthless. For instance if I assign SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL to a user and log in to the NWA, this user has absolutely no permissions (even not to view anything). If I assign him NWA_SUPERADMIN the user has full access to the NWA. The same happens for the READONLY roles.

What I wonder now: Wherefrom did these NWA roles appear?

There is another system here (running on 7.0) where these roles did not exist and the users are taken only from the UME database.

So does anyone know something about these roles starting with "NWA". Were they created automatically?

Thanks in advance for all answers!

Best regards,

Torben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

The following authorizations exist for the SAP NWA:

u2022 SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL

u2022 SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL_READONLY

u2022 SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL

u2022 SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONLY

The local roles allow you to administer the local system on which the SAP NetWeaver Adminstrator is started. The central roles are for administering the entire landscape that is available via the SLD. The read-only role does not allow any changes such as starting/stopping or a configuration change on the system to be administered. You can assign roles with the SAP NWA in the User Administration area.

NWA_JAVA_SUPPORT

- NWA_READONLY

- NWA_SUPERADMIN roles automatically defined by SAP, for Communication,Archiving purpose.

Below document give you more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw72/helpdata/en/b7/d5d63f93cb0c65e10000000a114b1d/content.htm

Regards

Nagaraju

Answers (0)