cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter Alerts.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to configure Receiver File Adapter specific alerts....to test the alerts ...i am just giving wrong credentials for FTP....

But..wot I c is that the alert is received after the predefined no. of retries(6 nos) in Comm Channel Monitoring are completed in an interval of 5 mins each..ie I am getting the alert after 30 mins...but if I stop the channel ..I get the alert instantly b4 the first retry starts......

Wot is the diffence btw the 2 cases???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The behavior is perfect.

When Adapter tries to send the message to target and if some error with channel parameters or target system then the processing will be marked as error only when all the retries are done....in your case after 6 attempts....this can be configured.

However when you stop the channel the message is not passed from IE to AE and you get the error in first instance itself....you might get the error information in SXMB_MONI....there is no retry limit for this part...it will be tried only once

The first alert is due to error in AE and the second error is due to error in IE

If you want to get the alert if first retry itself is in error then configure the retry interval to 1.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (0)