cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for file monitoring in business process monitoring session not shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Weu2019ve set up Business Process Monitoring for one process that has interfaces associated. For one of these interface weu2019ve set up u2019Application Monitoru2019 as a monitoring type and then we chose one of the monitors from our SAP Process integration system, File Monitoring. The criteria used for the file monitor was the File Age. Weu2019ve defined the path and the file pattern for searching for a specific set of files. In order to setup the file monitoring correctly weu2019ve followed SAP recommendations for file monitoring with CCMS agents for SAP Netweaver 7.1 systems, both our CEN and SAP PI are 7.1 systems and as a consequence there is no need to install any agent

After all the business process monitoring was defined weu2019ve generated and activated. When everything was correclty activated, we went to u2019Operations->Business Process Monitoringu2019 and we are able to see our monitored process with a Business process monitoring session associated. However, when looking into the interface that was supposed to have a red alert we see that itu2019s grey(undefined status). Weu2019ve refreshed the session but with no success, there is no alert displayed.

Weu2019ve went to our SAP PI system and checked the CCMS monitor sets status(RZ20) and analyzed the u2019 Files_of_pidevu2019 MTE that exists in the monitor set u2019 SAP CCMS Monitors for Optional Components-> Logfile Monitoringu2019. This MTE shows several red lines each corresponding to a file that has a fileage superior to what was defined in the solution manager bpmonitoring. Everything seems to be correctly implemente but the alerts are not reaching the Solution manager. One other thing, in SOLUTION Manager if we now go back to the business process monitoring setup and to the specific interface, if we choose CCMS Monitor as a monitor type as well as the Application Monitor and then in the CCMS Context choose u2019 Files_of_pidevu2019 we are able to select in the CCMS MTEu2019s the lines of the alerts presented in the RZ20 of the PI system for the monitoring files. Meaning, apparently the data is available in Smanager but not shown in the BPMonitoring session.

Do you have any ideas for the alerts not being transfered to the SManager BPMonitoring session?

Best regards,

Goncalo Mouro Vaz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

one remark upfront: Only alerts that occurred AFTER the BPMon activation are transferred to BPMon. So in case that your MTE was red BEFORE the activation and no new net alert occurred since then the behavior is right. This is true for all alerts that you just pick up via standard CCMS monitoring.

For those CCMS monitors it is also important that the respective READ connection is also assigned for system monitoring. Do you have a corresponding entry in the system topology of transaction RZ21? I think this is also described in SAP note 784752 where the required RFC connections are mentioned.

If the problem persists then you should open an OSS message on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM so that somebody can check things directly on your system.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Volker,

Thank you for the info regarding your remark. However, the alerts were generated after the activation. Nevertheless, I've erased the files and generated new alerts and these are not shown in the BPMonitor session.

As for the connection, yes, the necessary entry exists in RZ21.

As for the Oss message, I've also created one and I'm waiting on SAP feedback.

Any more ideas? I've reread all the setup procedures and tried a couple of other things but everything remains the same.

Best regards,

Goncalo Mouro Vaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following notes.

784752 - BPMon in SAP Solution Manager - Prerequisites

916236 - BPMon: Self Monitoring shows Warning Messages

->if you have the warnings

I'm still not sure which was the root cause, but I did the below and

then 'undefined status' turned to be normal in my case.

*create RFC Server Group for BPMon session.

*assign the all authorizations to the user, described in 784752.

*regenerate and reactivate the session several times.

I hope this would help you.

Regards

Answers (0)