cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP Check Finished Goods against Components for production planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our business has a requirement that they want finished goods to be planned based on the availability of components. Currently we have an APO solution which plans at finished goods level only so there is no need to bring components into APO. We will probably use CTM (currently using Heuristics)

We have concerns about the harm that this will do to our system performance and we really do not want to bring these components into APO. We are therefore interested if there is any way we can avoid bringing these components into APO.

In the past, there use to be a seperate ATP server from SAP where this could be done but my understanding is that this was discontinued and is no longer supporetd. Can someone advise me if there was a product that replaced this ATP Server or does anyone have any suggestions on how we can avoid bringing the components into APO. Please consider that it is not possible to limit to just critical components.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Hmmm.. Your seem to be considering adding hardware to support ATP server, but you seem unwilling to consider adding more hardware to the current SCM solution? Doesn't make much sense to me. Like most SAP products, SCM/APO can be expanded almost infinitely, if you need performance gains. Which you don't know yet.

Anyhow, depending on your requirements, CTM is probably overkill. PPDS or SNP alone would be adequate. If enhanced availability checking is what you want, then one of the GATP solutions would work.

I guess ATP server still exists (run transaction ACBD from ECC) but I don't think I have ever seen anyone use ATP server at the same time they are using SCM. All ATP server does is move the processing load of ECC ATP check onto a distinct buffered memory area. I don't see how that will solve your problem, but I guess I don't really understand what you mean by "planned based on the availability of components." You don't need anything special to plan FGs in SCM and components in R/3, this is pretty standard.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your reply

The reason we cant use ATP in R/3 as we want to do an ATP check and move the planned order if the components are not available.

We are using CTM because of the prioritisation functionality so its not solely just for this purpose; it does meet other business requirements.

Mark

Answers (0)