cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have four interfacing system to SAP ERP via PI. The interfacing system will deposit individual file into a FTP folder.

All four files have the same file structure but with different timing. Will be using IDOC to integrate to ERP

System A deposits on a dailly basis

System B deposits on a monthly basis (end of month)

System C deposits on a weekly basis

System D deposits on 28th of the month.

Do I need to create four CS Configuration in Integration Builder for PI to poll at a different interval ?

Assuming the filename from the four systems will be the same. Or is there a better way to do this scenario ?

Best Regards

FNG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do I need to create four CS Configuration in Integration Builder

Number of CS is irrelevant. It is number of channels you are creating whch could affect.

Assuming the filename from the four systems will be the same

Do you also have same directory? If yes, then just configure one channel and it will pick all the files.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the directory is the same, One communication channel will do the job.

But if the filenames are different, do I need to create 4 different CC ?

Regards

FNG

Former Member
0 Kudos

if filename is different...

but if u can make sure if all files have same structure and all files in the directory belong to same interface then y don't u have a * for filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

If directory path is same but file name is different then in file adapter give * instead of file name.

IS the time period of polling is different for weekly monthly files.

chirag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u say all 4 systems will place file in ame FTP folder with same filename (at a different interval u mentioned)

if the file struct and IDoc is same. y don't u get ask them to place all the files to match the scheduling for the daily run so ur interface is the same and just picks the any number of files within the scheduled period