cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement from lower WBS to Superior WBS and on to AUC in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'd appreciate some help on this:

I am having a problem settling from lower level WBS to Superior WBS and then onto AUC.

I have maintained the settlement rules for settlement from lower level WBS to Superior WBS (I implemented the SAP note allowing this) and I have sucessfully generated settlement rules for lower level WBS but when I run t - code cj8g, the only settlement executed is that from network activity to WBS. The settlement from lower WBS to its superior does not occur. Am I missing something?

Also, no settlement rule is generated for settlement from level 1 WBS to AUC even though the AUC was automatically created when the project was released. Is there another step or config I should carry out to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229531
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Esi,

I have similar problem.I have AUC project and we have created project and generated settlement rules and rules are created only for AUC -WBS and all lower level WBS elements are missing rules.

can you provide me OSS note number?

Thanks,

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the note number is 211324.... Hope that helps...

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you run cj8g what are you selecting network activities?

you should have a variant with selection of project definitions and with hierarchy and orders ticked to include all NWA

Try a project definition using cj88 first to try and then set the variant

for the settlement rule for AuC, the settlement is usually automatic and will be seen only after the first settlement run - make sure that in the IM profile (required only at level 1) you have manage AuC ticked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your response. I already have a variant with the Project Definition selected. On cj88 with hierarchy and orders selected, result is the same. In the IM profile, managed AUC is ticked. I have run the first settlement but it only selected NWA to WBS and not the others even though the settlement rules were maintained. Also after this settlement, the rule for WBS to AUC was not automatically created.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the only thing that I can think of is because there is some problem with the settlement hierarchy number - that is why only the NWA is settling and nothing else. As there is no settlement to AuC there is no settlement rule. Can you check the hierarchy number of the settlement rule on

WBS level 1

Any other lower WBS

NWA

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Virendra's suggestion, check the validity date of settlement rule of WBSE. Check the From period and fiscal year. You might have entered the next period in settlement rule and might be executing settlement for current. Since the settlement rule is not valid for the current period, it might not have executed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From -To period and From -To year is blank. No dates maintained....

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok try this, you said that settlement successfully execute for NWA to WBS, now take that WBSE alone and try to execute the settlement in CJ88, do not enter project definition, enter only that particular WBSE. see whether settlement is getting executed or not, if not it may show some error or information message. You may get a clue from that.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the rule PER or FUL - if PER the blank will default to this period

Former Member
0 Kudos

From NWA to WBS, rule is PER, from lower WBS to Superior WBS, rule is PER, from level 1 WBS to AUC, rule will be FUL when created. Shuold this be any different?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if all postings are in current period there should be no issues

check the settlement hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you settle from WBS to AUC the processing type should be "Automatic". Once the settlement executes successfully, then you will see the settlement rule for Preliminary settlement updated against that WBS.

Regards,

Arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I activated the flow trace while running settlement. This shows that the settlement hierarchy is correct and it displays the hierarchy up untill settlement from WBS to AUC, but only settlement from NWA to WBS had category 'Settled' and when I check the AUC created in AW01N (asset explorer), it has no values. Has anyone experienced this before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. I had defined a Result Analysis key and this was not allowing settlement to AUC.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Esi Thanks for sharing solution.

With Regards

Niitn P.