cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Attribute Vaues in Data Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I need help in deleting Attribute Values from Data Manager.

Is the any way that we can delete the Attribute Values without De-Associating the Attribute values from the Main table records, If it is possible Please suggest me the possible solution...

Even after de-association the attribute values from the main table records, there are some values which are not getting deleted, waht could be the possible reason behind it, And how can we deleted such kind of attribute values?

Thanks And Regards

Gaurav Kumar Sharma

Edited by: Gaurav Kumar Sharma on Aug 11, 2010 9:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understabnding, we can'nt able to delete check out attribute value records. we can do check in those records then only able to delete attributes are linked to main table.

Regards,

Bhupal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As you said attributes values de-associated from main records but have you de-associated category from main records if not just do that and then try to delete

or

just check in freeform search for that category->Attributes->Attributes Value is displaying which means attributes value are not fully de-associated from main records

Hope above point will help

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Edited by: jignesh patel on Aug 11, 2010 3:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Ya I have already de-associated the category from main table records And also checked the Category And Attribute Values, it does not display anything in FREE Form search. But still all the attribute values are not getting deleted.

So, is there any way that we can delete the attribute values.

Thanks And Regards

Gaurav Kumar Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Is there any checked-out record in Main table, to which this attribute value was assigned.

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Maheshwari,

There were some checked out records in main table, I have done Join check out for them and then de-associated the attribute values for them also.

But Even then not able to delete all attribute Values.

Could you please tell me if there is any possible way that we can delete those attribute values?

Thanks And Regards

Gaurav Kumar Sharma

Edited by: Gaurav Kumar Sharma on Aug 11, 2010 2:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

It seems like your Attribute values are still linked with some records of MDM.

Please make sure in this way and revert with result.

Say you wan to delete Attribute Value RED which has Attribute Name Color.

Now click on every leaf node of you category to check what are all the categories associated(linked) with this Attribute Name Color. It may be possible that this Attribute Name is linked with many Categories and you are just checking it for only 1 category.

Identifying all the categories which are linked to this Attribute Name and then remove Attribute Value RED from the main table records. Once you are left with no Attribute Value RED in your Main table or any other table only then you would be able to delete this Attribute Value.

Please also check is there any other sub-table using this taxonomy table Attribute values or not.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes because of these checked out records you are not able to delete attributes.

Even though you have joined the checked out record, the original version of it still holds the attribute values. (Try to login to Data Manager with different user id, you will still find the attribute values assigned in Main Record)

You need to check-in (or roll back) those records, then only you can delete your attributes.

Thanks,

Maheshwari