cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns...scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Created sales order no 1.(Qty=100)-->Delivery(Qty=100)->PGI---->Invoice(Qty=100)

Returns Ret sales order1.1 * with reference to sales order no 1*.(Qty=100)--->Delivery(Qty=100) >PGR->invoice(Qty=100).

Returns Ret sales order1.2 * with reference to sales order no 1*.(Qty=100)--->Delivery(Qty=100) >PGR->invoice(Qty=100).

Returns Ret sales order1.n with reference to sales order no 1.(Qty=100)--->Delivery(Qty=100) >PGR->invoice(Qty=100).

as per above mentioned ....system is able to create the multiple returns order with reference to the orginal order without reference to the order quantity..it is strange to observe inventory is showing more than delivered .... i had invoiced 100 qt of material X but my system is allowing more than the PGI qty...

How to restrict the multiple creation of returns order when quantity has been fully referenced.....If solution is available in standard SAP please reply...I resolved the issue by writing new Copy control routine in the item level due to the severity of the issue.

Best regards,

Kishore.SGR

Edited by: kishore gopala on Aug 11, 2010 7:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have invoiced for the entire sale order quantity, it would not have much implication. But in the case of partial quantity billing, imagine if you create a return order referencing original sale order, it is logically wrong.

So you should always create a return order referencing to original billing document and accordingly, you should have copy control in VTAF. Then only, the corresponding FI entries will be pucca.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little change in my query.......returns orders are created with referenc eto origigal invoice only.....not sales orders.

I had tried +/-....field changes in tcode VTAF..but it is not worked....

Regards,

kishore.SGR

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How to restrict the multiple creation of returns order when 
   quantity has been fully referenced

Go to OVAH select the message class V4-229 and change it to "E" in the last column. Now try to create a return order over and above the invoiced quantity.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lakshimipati,

Already it was there but it was not working and I checked with changes in item category by assing A to Reference Qty.

Regards,

kishore.SGR

Edited by: kishore gopala on Aug 12, 2010 5:46 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

This is expected behaviour and is the SAP functionality. Even though the sales order is for 100 units, returns beyond 100 units is possible. When you create return order with reference to the invoice, the quantity field is not greyed out, which should ideally be the case. However it is also possible that during returns, the order is only used as a reference, but a material belonging to multiple sales orders is returned all at once. This is a process as designed by SAP. We also faced this scenario, but left it as such, as such transactions are rarely executed in the system.

If you see this transaction as critical, you can either control it through copy control, or write a logic in one of the user exits that the return order quantity shoudl not be more than the order quantity in total. Only that should solve ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for ur response, it seems it is a bug in SAP, already I closed the issue by writing a new copy control routine.

Regards,

Kishore.SGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First of all, I do not think any company follows this kind of business scenario!!!!. From Technical Perspective, yes, you can ensure that while creating the return order with reference to the original sales order, System should cummulate the reference quantity based on the return sales order.

This you can control via copy control setting from Sales Document to Sales Document (VTAA). Mark copy control at item level for field Pos./neg. quantity as +. This will ensure that system does not allow to copy over and above the original sales document quantity.

Regards

Muralidhar Shetty