cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The default value as "None" for the report filter which is Value List type?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know is it possible to make the default value as "None" for the report filter which is Value List data type?

For example:The Project Classification Value List value type which have many value like "Supplier Rationalization" "Category Sourcing" "Contract Regegotiation" etc, and the value "Supplier Rationalization" is in the frist positon in the value list. When i use "Project Classification " as a report filter, the value "Supplier Rationalization" displayed as default value. And in the value list box in report filter of Project Classification , there is a value "None" which should be added automatically by system. So i manually filled the default value with "None" in Filter Prompt screen, but it does not work. After i display the report ,the Project Classification filter still use the ""Supplier Rationalization" as the default value.

My current ESO version is 5.1. I tried other ESO version like 5.15, if i manaully give a default value "None" in Filter Prompt screen for filter Project Classification, then the default value is "None". It works well.

Does anybody know if it's possible to do the same thing in ESO 5.1?

Thanks & Regards,

David

Edited by: David Gao on Aug 11, 2010 4:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David -

This is possible, but the technique is not too obvious...

To make "None" be the default choice for a query definition filter parameter of type value list type, you need to set the default value of the filter parameter to the following:

<internal id of value list type>:616:NULL

For example, I believe you will see that the internal id of the Project Classification value list type is 51, so the default value of the filter parameter would be:

51:616:NULL

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

It's working well.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The solution you gave works prefectly but i have a slight comfusion about how does it actually work.

<internal id of value list type>:616:NULL

Here if <internal id> is replaced by internal Id of the Value List it defaults to None (as expected) but if i replace the <internal ID> by some random integer, say 0,1,2 or 3, I still get None as my default option.

Now this is strange. Can you, or anyone, please tell why this is happening?