cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How "Tax Departure Country" is Determined and Where to Find on Sale Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious if any of the SD experts had any experience or insight with regards to u201Ctax departure countryu201D field (?).

This is a field on billing document header table VBRK, landtx. However, I cannot find it anywhere on the Invoice or prerequisite order.

Why this field is in question is relating to the selection of the corporate VAT number on invoice form output . Field landtx is the primary key for selection of the VAT number from config tables T001 and T001N.

However, the method or logic SAP uses to determine and stamp the billing header table is elusive.

I would have expected this field to be the country of origin or plant country. However, we have an interesting case with an invoice where the shipping plant is country u2018NLu2019, but the system derived country of u2018ATu2019 for the landtx field.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Larson

Generally Tax Departure Country comes from the Plant Country.

However I believe, as the help says, 'A different country needs to be entered for certain internal European transactions (chain transactions)'. I think that means Cross-company sales within EU and/or Triangular deals.

For example, for inter company transactions it may be filled as the country of Sales org.

The following OSS note talks about the user exits to make this happen, may be those are at work in your company.

10560 - Tax determination for plant abroad

Also check these notes for whatever they may be worth:

1262568 - VAT registration number in invoice printout

489534 - Tax in the general billing document interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check this out:

If you try to display the tax codes for NL (FTXP) , the system asks for reporting country. May be this is set as "AT" for NL tax codes in your case.

Further may be you activated Plants Abroad functionality. There are 2 IMG activities in FI and one in SD for it: Check what you may have there:

FI:

1) SPRO/IMG/Financial Accounting/Financial Accounting Global Settings/Tax on Sales/Purchases/Basic Settings/Plants Abroad/Activate Plants Abroad

2) SPRO/IMG/Financial Accounting/Financial Accounting Global Settings/Tax on Sales/Purchases/Basic Settings/Plants Abroad/Enter VAT Registration Number for Plants Abroad

SD:

SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Basic Functions/Taxes/Plants Abroad/Maintain Declaration Numbers