cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport proxy object abap part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working with one outbound proxy . The proxy was working fine in production ,now one requirement came in which we have to add one extra field to Proxy .field has been added in message type and proxy was generated in respective ABAP box

abap coding every thing was done and it worked fine in Dev . I transported the PI part ( DT,MT,MI and MM ) .

However I am not sure how to transport the ABAP proxy in ECC from dev to prod .

Can you kindly please tell me all steps I tried to search in SDN but getting confused in what object I have to transport and how from ECC .

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>field has been added in message type and proxy was generated in respective ABAP box

When you re-generated the ABAP Proxy in R3 you must have saved/activated your changes under new transport request which you can see via tcode SE09 or SE10.

So now in order to transport the proxy change just go to SE09 and release that tranport request (if you don't know how to release a request and it's sub request then consult with your BASIS first). Once you release the request just give that transport request to your BASIS guy, rest he will take care. You don't have to worry about data type or message type etc because this transport request contains everything...

Note: Make sure that your XI changes have been imported in QA system before BASIS team tranport the R3 transport request into QA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply ..However when I am doing a right click on the Proxy interface and regenerating the proxy then I am getting warning change to repository or cross client customozing are not permiited . Might be some issue with my uid which I will look tomorrow with bais guy .

From your reply I understood that if I will successfully re generate the proxy then It will ask a transport number or automatically create a transport number and I have to send that transport number to basis after looking into se09 for release .Kindly correct me if I am wrong .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you got the point.. though just keep in mind to activate the proxy because after regenerating the proxy most of the time we forget to activate it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh I will get my Uid updated from basis tomorrow and try to transport it again using the procedure you have said

will update the results in this thread

Regards,

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I re generated the proxy activated it and add it in thhe transport .

However when i am checking the transport then finding that all the objects are not included.

i.e if my DT consist of 4 structure then all 4 objects are not there only one is there .

same is happening with MT also all included structure are not coming .

However I am able to see those strucutre in my proxy used object but they are not present in transport

KIndly help me how to proceed now .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have re-generated it properly then there is no problem. Just make sure all object are active in XI before your re-generate the proxy.

I think you should take help from some ABAP consultat, because it is bit difficult say anything based on what you see in your transport list. But I assume whatever the transport list contains is correct, so you can transport it to QA at least.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

One point you are telling to activate the object and then re genrate the proxy .

My question is is there is one place from where I can generate the whole proxy .

At present I am going in sproxy transaction and there I am findint MT ,MI and DT all in active state I am right clicking on it one by one and there option is coming Regenerate Proxy I am doing this for all three .

Do I have to regenerate the proxy from some where else .

Kindly help

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> One point you are telling to activate the object and then re genrate the proxy .

I meant in my previous reply that you should make sure that all object in XI are active before your start re-generation of proxy in R3.

> My question is is there is one place from where I can generate the whole proxy .

You can right click on DT, MT, MI one by one and then choose "Regenerate Proxies--->All Objects", so this means you can regenerate all selected DT objects at once and same with MT & MI..

>

> At present I am going in sproxy transaction and there I am findint MT ,MI and DT all in active state I am right clicking on it one by one and there option is coming Regenerate Proxy I am doing this for all three .

Make sure you regenerate proxy in the order starting from DT, MT & MI respectively..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

One point you are telling to activate the object and then re genrate the proxy .

My question is is there is one place from where I can generate the whole proxy .

I think you are getting confused here. From SPROXY, re-generate the proxy and then activate it.

As Sarvesh suggested, take help from an ABAPer regarding the transport list, as it is difficult for us to assume what you are seeing in the transport list.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh ,

Thanks a lot for all your reply .

It partially worked as I created the transport with proxy object but not toatally as all my objects are not included in the transport .

when I am doublicking the My proxy interface and then going in used object TAB then I am able to see the structures .

Abap team wants to include these structure in the transport .

Actually the code has already been transported and it is throwing the dump value as it is unable to find the new field as the new strucutre is not transported .

Should I tell Abap team to manually make some random change in the str now and save them again so that when I re generate proxy then it will be added to transport.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

ABAP team need not to do any changes. Ask them to regenerate the proxy and make sure all missing object have been included in the transport list. (Missing objects can be find from the old transport number just looking into transport log in SE09)

Thanks!

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to transport the whole proxy, your transport should include:

- The package name

- The proxy class name

- structures for DT, MT and all nested structures (at least 2 each)

- table type for DT

and of course: the ABAP program or FM which calls the outbound proxy class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefen ,

Thanks for your reply .My problem was when I am regenerating the proxy and ativating it then some of nested structure were not geting included in my transport . As per Sarvesh reply I regenerated the proxy many time but unable to include 2 nested structure. Finally I did some thing strange and it worked i manually added the missing proxy structure and table in my transport and transported it .The table structure got transported and imported in other env succesfully .

Stefen : if you still feel there is any other way to include missing nested str used in proxy to transport apart from regenerating and activating messageInterface/Mt/Dt then please share .

All : Thnaks for all youre replis Points awarded .

Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcutinho
Explorer

For future reference, I have found the process to include the entire proxy and its objects in a transport

1.Go to SPROXY transaction
2. Double click the Service Interface you want to transport
3. In the Menu Bar try to find Proxy->Transport and select the transport you want to include your Proxy and objects. Later if you want to exclude any objects, go to the transport, edit and delete any objects you don't want to include

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

However I am not sure how to transport the ABAP proxy in ECC from dev to prod .

You have to release the transport request. Use tcode se09 for that. Why you moving from Dev to PRD? don't you have a QA / Test server?

Just a word of caution - looks like you are not too familiar with R3 transports, better to take help / guidance from an ABAPer who has done transports to Production before. If it was a sandbox system transport, I wouldn't have said this

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeteesh,

thanks for your reply . I will move the transport to QA and if it successfully imported there then only it will get transported to Prod so its not an issue .

secondly There is basis team to help me in creation of transport but they are asking that which object from proxy I need to transport from ECC

in sproxy I am finding the interface name and on double clicking it getting one proxy name also but not sure how many object I need to transport .

I am finding MT ,MI and DT in sproxy undernaespace do I need to transport them all .

Regards,

Saurabh