cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Systems vs Cross Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have two physical SAP ERP systems grouped under one logical system.

Now I want to connect to a third SAP ERP system in order to execute Cross System analysis between the systems under the logical system and the new third system.

I understand that I cannot do a Cross System RA on systems of the same logical system so that´s the reason why I need to set up the third system as a single new ERP system.

Anyhow the new ERP system should use the same rule set than the two systems of the logical system.

So I´d just like to set up the new system connector for the GRC 5.3 but I do not want to load the same rules again for the new ERP system, etc.

Is this possible? I tried to create a new logical system containing the new ERP system and regenerate the rules for the logical systems. But after that no simple RA is possible for the new ERP system.

Thanks for any advice and regards,

Markus Richter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Yes, you are right that you can not include the third system in the same logical group if you wish to use it for cross-system analysis. If you choose to have this as a stand alone system in RAR then first you will have to upload the rules for this stand alone system in RAR. The rules loaded for logical system will not work for this system as it is not part of the logical system group.

Regards, Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

If the new ERP system is not part of existing logical system then you have to upload all the necesary files before attempting to generate rules. Rules are only available for the existing logical system.

Hope it makes sense.

Alpesh