cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sure this is a very basic question regarding installation process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install and on-premise e-sourcing solution integrated to a backend ECC system for the first time as a proof of concept solution.

My question relates to the various documentation available and the order in which it should be followed.

I have started with the Installation Guide but also have the On Premise Guide. Do I need to work through both or just the on Premise Guide? The reason I ask is that my basis person has used the Installation Guide to get the hardware set up. A cluster and context have also been created. The installation guide then continues to discuss using the Enterprise and Company workbooks to install the master data. However the On Premise guide also talks about using workbooks but different ones, the Integration_data and Integration_config workbooks. We have continued to use the On Premise guide and have loaded the data in the integration workbooks but as far as we can tell the two User Groups have not been created for Supplier Publishers and Integration Administrators (could this be because we haven't loaded the Enterprise and Company workbooks as mentioned in the installation guide?). This has led us to question if we are even doing the right thing.

Can anyone tell us the correct installation process/order and which documentation to use in which order?

Can anyone give a brief explanation as to what the installation process should look like for an on premise solution from the first steps.

I have attended the SAP training but this did not cover the installation process.

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started with the Installation Guide but also have the On Premise Guide. Do I need to work through both or just the on Premise Guide?

You need to work through both in order. First of all getting the installation setup with the baseline schema information imported using the Enterprise quickstart or similar workbooks that your functional lead should have provided you. Once you have your Company created and a form of authentication set up (Directory). It is important to remember to include the sapintegration.jar file during the installation or indeed later using the /bin/configure.exe

Can anyone tell us the correct installation process/order and which documentation to use in which order?

Were you sure to import these workbooks in the order specified within the Install guides? Enterprise workbook, company workbook (as specified users) then afterwards for the integration workbooks in order. It is likely that the necessary groups have no been created because those workbooks have not been loaded.

In short you need to ensure you upload this vital master data/schema information before this information can be used or altered. This certainly applies to very specific things like security roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Paul,

This has answered my question and I now know that we have not been installing in the correct order.

We will now follow the installation guide fully and then the On Premise guide in that order.

You help has pointed us in the right direction.

Regards.

Answers (0)