Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Script versions

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

How to compare the script version lying in development with Production version.

I had checked the requests in SE03.There are a few requests which are moved only upto quality.Now I wanna compare the version lying in development with production version.Kindly let me know how.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try it Using RSTXFCOMP program...

I hope this will help you..

Regards,

Kiran

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The program name what you mentioned is another way of what Prabhu has suggested in the above reply.He explained the navigation from SE71 whereas the program RSTXFCOM directly takes us there.But,due to a different landscape design (I think) I am not able to compare the FORMS across the servers using the above option.In my case,using the above option I am able to compare the FORM across different clients within the same server.

Seems finally I have to download the form from Production and upload in DEV and then proceed with the changes.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well you can do it manually, but i admit it sucks balls.

got SE71 in DEV and PROD.

input your form name in both and press F7. Then use the menu: Untilities -> form info. In both, DEV and PROD.

now you can manually compare those using ALT-TAB and PAGE_DOWN.

you could as well download both versions to txt files and use some filecompare tool of which you can get various in the net, or maybe even have a operating system command for it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to se71--> enter script name -->next go to menu bar >Utitlites>compare forms

-->Form 1 is Dev client -->form2 is PRd clinet number and execute it will show the differences.

OR

go to se71--> enter script name -->next go to menu bar >Utitlites>compare clinets

-->give PRd clinet number and execute it will show the differences.

regards,

Prabhudas

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok thanks.

But,even if I am giving the correct form name it is saying Form 2 doesn't exist.check your input.

I think these options are only to compare the form in between different clients within the same server.Am I right ?

Thanks,

Kiran