cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDocs through Batch Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Few IDocs are created incorrectly (with status 29). The reason for the error is these IDocs are created as Outbound which has not been configured in partner profile (only Inbound IDocs are configured). So this is completely incorrect. When I checked who has created them in EDIDS and EDIDC tables, I found it is a batch job which has created these IDocs. How can I find more information like job name and program name about this batch?

I gave the creation date and time of IDoc in SM37 but havenu2019t found any related info. How can I find more information about the batch so that I can inform the respective people involved in this process and can stop this batch? Appreciate your inputs.

Thx in Adv

Regards,

Sats

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm assuming you saw some kind of a 'batch' user ID as the IDoc creator and concluded that it was a background job.

Please note that you will find the job data in SM37 only if the job log is still available. In many companies the job logs are stored only for a few days.

Also when checking SM37 make sure not to use any user ID and also set the time +/- 1 hour. The job could have started much earlier than the IDoc was created. And the user ID in the IDoc is not necessarily the same user who created the job. For example, if I'm creating a job, I can specify a different user ID for each step. On the main screen in SM37 the job will be displayed under my name and one would have to drill down into steps to find more info.

Your Basis admin might be able to help with this. I'm guessing the program RSEOUT00 is the most likely suspect, so I'd search for the jobs that include this program. You can also try it yourself in SM37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your time. it's really hard to find the correct job in SM37 when there are hundreds of jobs are scheduled. I found table TBTCP is bit helpful in this case as it shows program names and job information related to particular country. lets say US. but I found 20 jobs are scheduled for US, so it's hard to find which program and report generated the IDoc. cant fix the issue unless knowning the correct program/job name. I'm kind of stuck with lot of job names

Is there any table that links IDoc number and the Job name or Program?

I assume this will be very useful if such table exists.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such table, but there are only a couple of standard programs that create the IDocs. I have already mentioned RSEOUT00, have you searched for it? Another program is RBDMIDOC, which creates IDocs from change pointers. If IDoc is linked to the output, then it could also be the output processing program RSNAST00.

Have you checked with your Basis admin and ABAP developers? Have you checked if there is a documentation on background jobs? Many organizations maintain a list of scheduled jobs.

P.S. It sounds rather strange that an IDoc was created when there is no corresponding profile. To my knowledge, the standard programs wouldn't even be able to create an IDoc without a profile (although I could be wrong). So this could very likely be some kind of a custom (Y/Z) program.

Edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva on Aug 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried input the programs which you have mentioned in SM37 to find whether any jobs are scheduled with these programs, however I couldn't found any.

I will check with our developer tomorrow and come back with questions / solution

yeah these failed idocs (status 29) have outbound parameters which haven't been configued in partner profiles, it sounds strange

P.S. I checked the content in the failed IDocs, to my surprise, it has the customer data that belongs to other companies. for isntance, it is an interface used for US lets say LS_US, the data which contains in the error IDocs belongs to UK, NZ etc. (may be intercompany customers? does it make sense ?? ) by the way the message type for these IDocs are DEBMAS

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, this is clearer now. DEBMAS is the customer master data IDoc. Search for the program RBDMIDOC.

Also the IDoc distribution to the logical systems is handled in BD64 transaction. That's where you set up the filter by, say, Company or Country. If there is a distribution model for LS_US system and there is no filter then, naturally, all the customer data is going to be sent there. So check your distribution model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

no batchjob exists with this program, may be its a Z program as you said.

That's where you set up the filter by, say, Company or Country.

Guess, I didn't get your point. I have configured LS_US in BD64 but based on the Message types and sender receiver information. where can I set up the filter by company or country in distribution model?

LS_US has been configured long ago, but these failed IDocs are coming since one week, if there is some problem with distribution model we would have encountered similar error before if I'm not wrong. do you think any program sends such data if someone changes customer data like intercompany customers? There is no consistancy for these failed Idocs, i mean for instance failed Idocs are being generated for 3 days and on the 4th day there were no failed IDocs, again on the 5th and 6th day there were failed idocs. I compared the jobs on days when idocs are created and on the day when idocs were not created (expected may be one job should be less at least on 4th day) but the number of jobs were same on both cases.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Where can I set up the filter by company or country in distribution model?

In BD64, when you expand all the nodes, under DEBMAS what do you see? You should see either 'No filter set' or the filter values. That's where you add or change the filter. There are the fields for Company code, Sales Org, etc. available in the filter.

It seems that you might not have a clear understanding on how the master data distribution through IDocs work. You might want to read more on the basics - Google 'IDoc cookbook', for example.

Answers (0)