Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector to R/3 Bapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

I'm new in devloping WebServices.

I need to write an WebService (i think via EJBs) an connect to an R/3 backend.

I want to call the bapi BAPI_FLIGHTLIST_GETLIST (or something like that ) in my EJB and then publish this EJB as a webservice to conusme it from other applications.

Is this the right way? Any links to learn how to connect to an R/3 System?

best regards

Micha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

If you want to do this just to learn you can see the tutorial [Car Rental|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/70/13353094af154a91cbe982d7dd0118/frameset.htm]. This tutorial has a lot of information how you can publish a Web Service from J2EE Application and connect to SAP ECC.

But if you want expose this RFC/BAPI as Web Service I suggest to you do this directly from SE80, select the function module and right click Create->WebSerice.

Regards,

Edson Thomaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

are they any standard webservice wich are delivered by sap in any SAP System?

Otherwise, if I want to use the BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST an I publish as WebService via SE80 how can I check if everythink is allright configured?

TAC WSCONFIG or WSADMIN? Where can I finde the wsdl?

regars and thanks

Micha

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Micha, I don't remember if has any WebService standard, but you can check if exist and if everything is right using transaction SOAMANAGER.

Best Regards,

Edson Thomaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You create the web service in R3.

2. You then use WSADMIN to get the WSDL

3. You then use WSCONFIG to activate the WebService.

4. in NWDS you then use the WSDL you got from above step 2 to create a proxy web service in a proxy web service DC.

5. in VA you find the proxy web service in Webservices Security -> Web Service Clients -> ?? (Your name)

6. You change the wsdl setting here to custom and set the client in the url (and maybe the host) to the one that contains data. (you need to also set this on QA and PROD after transporting through). You also need set appropriate user and password or logon ticket.

7. in your ejb DC you make the proxy web service DC from above a used DC (so you can access the proxy)

8. you get the logical port etc and access the data. (This should be encapsulated according to best practices)

9. you write your ejb code.

10. you write unit tests using JunitEE (or not)

11. you generate a web service from this ejb

12. you test the web service from the web service navigator and get wsdl

13. you go to VA and create a dynamic web service with the WSDL of the EJB web service with user name and password.

14. You can now import the web service as a model into web dynpro. (using the name you created in step 13 and the wsdl from step 12)

or something like that. (and get your deployable references right as well ie make sure there is one to the proxy ws ear from the ear your ejb is in.)

Answers (0)