cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM 5.5 System Copy

dominique_remy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello we receive from the business a request to do an refresh of our SAP MDM 5.5 QA system with the MDM 5.5 Production system.

But I didnu2019t find any informationu2019s about this process on SAP MarketPlace neither in Googleu2026..

Does anybody know what is the step for doing such a refresh ?

Or where could I find info about this ?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Dom./

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

You can create an Archive file to the repository from production environment and unarchive it into QA system.

This will this repository will be exactly same as production.

To create an Archive file follow following steps:

1. Open MDM console and mount MDM Prod server. Right click on the repository and select "Create Archive".

2. this will create a file with .a2a extn on MDM server Archive directory.

To unarchive repository in QA follow below steps:

1. Copy .a2a file of Prod repository from Prod MDM server archive directory and copy in QA MDM Server archive directory.

2. mount QA MDM server in Console and right click and select Create Repository from Archive. This will open a popup window. specify DBMS details here and .a2a file of Prod repository.

this way new QA repository will have exact same data and configurations from PROD repository. You can also over write an existing QA repository instead of creating a new repository using .a2a file of Prod repository.

Hope this will help. Revert if you have any question.

BR,

Shiv

dominique_remy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

Thanks for your answer,

In fact I knew this concept of archive/unarchive the repository in the MDM console.

But I was wondering if it's was enough as there could be some link needed in the DB as well ?

Kind regards,

Dominique./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

But I was wondering if it's was enough as there could be some link needed in the DB as well ?

As per my understanding, you can go ahead with this Archive(on PROD) and Unarchived (on Q) option to get the same repository structure with data. Once you unarchived only then underlying DB create a new database with the repository name_m000 and with repositoryname_Z000. So i feel you can go ahead with this. As you are unarchiving it on Q env so as such there is no need to worry. I feel as such we don't need to give any linking except first time when you install MDM server and then link with underlying database using MDM console-->DBMS settings.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

I agree with Shiv Prashant Dixit and Mandeep Singh Saini, just be aware that depending on your SAP MDM version, Archive / Unarchive can copy / don´t copy your masks, workflow definitions, etc ...

I have done it in the past just doing archive / unarchive.

Good luck!

http://www.sap4all.eu