cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Palletization proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have configured that in such that putway quantity should be moved to "Stype with fixed bin" first, if fixed bin is fully occupied or if we have qty left over, then it should attempt for next "Stype with next empty bin & having SUType check" . The second movement should be as per palletization data defined in material master.

System is identifying the fixed bin and for the remaining quantity, palletization is not proposed. It simply asks for the SUType and the full remaining qty is posted to the Sbin. It has not splitted the quantity as per palletization.

Ex: Pallteization is 12 Pcs per Pallet. Say if remaining quantity is 60, System should propose 5 Storage bins. Instead, all 60 pcs are moved to single storage bin

Please suggest if we can do it in configuration or should i proceed for user exit..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said the system asks for 'SUT', is it an error after which you do some process so that qty is placed in single bin?

If it is an error, check if you have assigned the 'Storage bin type' of these bins to SUType in customising and then try again.

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you specify the capacity for each bin as to accommodate only one pallet per bin ? Also make sure you specify capacity usage in material master.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is why system is not proposing palletization in the preparation screen.

My config is as below

Stype search sequence - 001, 002.

Stype 001 has a fixed bin with capacity of 10 Pcs

Stype 002 has 50 bins with next empty bin strategy

LE Palletization in MMaster - 10 PCS - E1 Pallet(SUT1); 5 PCS - E2 Pallet(SUT2)

Say for example, if I putway 75 pcs, I expect the system to propose as below

1. First 10 PCS should go to Fixed bin in Stype 001

2. Then it should propose Sbins in Stype 002 as per palletization for the remaining 65PCS as below

6 Bins - 6 * 10PCS - E1(SUT1)

1 Bin - 1 * 5PCS - E2(SUT2)

Instead the system is proposing the 65 PCS to Single Sbin in SType 002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The settings you suggest should work every time , in fact I replicated your scenario on my sandbox and it works fine.

Pllz check for storage unit type 002 , SUT check is active.In that case you may have to maintain the parameters for bin type search. That would only help you in finding the next empty bin in storage type 002 and not suggest the quantity in the pallet.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks... it works

But Stype 002 is proposed without filling the Fixed Sbin Capacity in Stype 001

I mean even if fixed sbin has capacity of 1 PC, it should get filled before proceeding for next Stype 002

How to achieve it..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether you have mentioned both storage types in "determine search sequence" under in IMG --> stratagies --> activate storage type search.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no issue with Stype search sequence. Everything is maintained correctly.

My requirement is that Fixed Sbin in Stype should be filled fully, before it searches for SBin in next Stype. Right now, because of SUType, Fixed SBin is not fully occupied.

Please suggest ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the capacity check method that you have used in fixed bin storage type? You must use capacity check based onmax qty per bin in storage type 3, for your fixed bin. capacity check 3 will not consider palletization data .

You also have to give max qty for your bin , ST fixed bin in material master.

If all the settings are done properly, I see no reason why your scenario shouldnt work.

Regards