cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Proportionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created activity element for which i have assigned "Secondary Proportionality" and referenced with Activity. When i confirm the activity with POC 10% i assume this flows to activity element. But this is not happenning. Can someone tell me what was the mistake.

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJSingh,

It should be actually reverse.

If you select secondary proportionality as Method in actual progress field in "activity" and give "activity element as Ref. object" in that activity, then the confirmed progress (POC) from the lower activity element (when confirmed) flows to activity as secondary proportionality. Means in this example, source for POC is activity element and not activity.

Similarly, you can even give the "activity" reference as secondary proportionality in the superior WBS Element for flow & aggregation of this POC to superior levels too.

Regards,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works either way...depending on the reference object. It worked with :WORK" mesurement method. "But i do not know why it did not work with "0-100" mesurement method.

Thx.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For confirmation the activity and activity elements are different objects - meaning the POC in confirmation applies only to the activity and not the element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree confirmation of activity and activity element are different. But with Secondary Proportional mesurement method one object can copy the POC of other object based on reference object. Just checking this measurement method, how it works.

Thx.