cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data to a table in ABAP webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement where user enters values in a table and hits save then it creates an order.

So here how do i make the table as such user can enter data.

Now table is empty and non editable.

As well as please let me know what is Cell editor. Which component is that in Web dynpro.

Thx,

Aish M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aishwarya,

In order to make end user enter data in a column of a table, you could use "inpufield" , "textedit" etc UI elements.

I would suggest not to have a separate column of buttons to create an order, You could read the index of the table and can fetch the remaining data of the row and can create an order.

Cell editor is not a component in webdynpro, not yet atleast

It is an option to edit the cells of a table, you could use various type of ui elements in a given column(cells) of a table.

Regards

Anurag Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya,

Check the below link which shows how to create a table with Drop down as an input filed.

[Displaying Drop Down as Input Filed in a table|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/WebDynproforABAPCellVariants]

There are other UI elements like Input field, Button also which can be used as a cell editor in table to fetch the input.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly go through the WD ABAP tutorials like [Display Bookings|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7a89b067-0801-0010-8192-a9896a60938e] in the WD ABAP section of SDN.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Table UI element acts as a parent of several TableColumn UI elements; each of

which acts as the parent for a header (implemented by a Caption UI element) and a

cell editor. cell editor is an abstract expression for all kinds of UI elements that can

serve as cell elements in a given column. The default for the cell editor is the TextView

UI element. However, depending on the cell value and the necessity that the cell value

should be changeable, other UI elements can be used as cell editors (for example,

InputField, DropDownByKey, Checkbox, or Button).