cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget control check - error message below 100%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem in th budget check, I have the tolerance settings as below:

90% - 1 Warning message

101% - 3 Error message

But system is giving me error message even when it reaches 98% itself, its not allowing to create the PO. I should use 100% of the budget, but it is not happening, can some one please throw some light on this, why system is behaving like this?

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please give some more details..giving values will help lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Some interesting things I have observed here,

The budget is given in IM52 as below:

There is only one WBS element in this project:

PROJECT123 - Overall - 60,000 and 2010 - 51,000.

Then we have created a PO directly, (there is no PR for this) with the same WBSE PROJECT123.

Here my observation is as follow:

Tolerance limits are defined as below:

1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 1 90.00 0.00 INR

1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 2 95.00 0.00 INR

1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 3 101.00 0.00 INR

The PO value is 50,000, then there is no message, not even warning. (here system is directly checking the budget against overal value, not the FI year). If its checking against over all values, there will be no message as it is 83%

There is no message till PO value is 54000, as it falls below 90% (the first line of the tolerance limit).

From PO value 54001 onwards, the warning message is produced till PO value is 57000.

Item 010 WBS element C-0005 budget almost exhausted

Message no. BP613

Diagnosis

The assigned funds are 5,999.00 INR less than budget in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

From the PO value 57,001 onwards the system is producing the error message

Message no. BP613

Diagnosis

The assigned funds are 2,999.00 INR less than budget in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

How come the same message number is being produced as Error message and why it is producing the error message though it has not reached the 101% (as per the last line of the tolerance limit)?

Once the PO value reaches to 100% i.e., 60,000/- system is producing another error message:

Item 010 WBS element C-0005 budget exhausted

Message no. BP607

Diagnosis

Budget is exhausted in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

Once the PO value is exceed by 100% i.e, greater than 60,000 (I have maintained 60001 as the value) system is producing a different error message:

Item 010 WBS element C-0005 budget exceeded

Message no. BP603

Diagnosis

Budget was exceeded by 1,000.00 INR in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

This error is from the PO value of 60001 onwards.

My questions are:

1. Why system is not check the AVAC with the FI year budget, why only with the Overall budget?

2. Why system is giving error messages from 95&% onwards? (see message number 613 above)

3. Why system is not allowing to utilize upto 101% of budget value?

4. Why so many different types of error messages?

Note: I have tried to search the SAP notes based on the message numbers, but could not find out any appropriate one.

Please help me out solving this problem.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Sorry, it seems there is some problem in text formatting. Thats why the above is not in a good shape, please [click here|http://www.4shared.com/document/qOwOlFKT/Detailed_error_analysis_of_AVA.html]click here and have a look at the word document of the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Any advise on this please.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Some interesting things I have observed here.

The budget is given in IM52 as below.

There is only on WBS element in this project.

Project123 - Overall - 60,000 and 2010 - 51,000

Then we have created a PO directly, (there is no PR for this) with the same WBSE PROJECT123.

Here my observation is as follow:

Tolerance limits are defined as below:

1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 1 90.00 0.00 INR 
           1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 2 95.00 0.00 INR 
	   1000 ZP0002 Projects budget profile-(GOCL) ++ 3 101.00 0.00 INR

The PO value is 50,000, then there is no message, not even warning. (here system is directly checking the budget against overall value, not the FI year). If its checking against over all values, there will be no message as it is 83% There is no message till PO value is 54000, as it falls below 90% (the first line of the tolerance limit).

From PO value 54001 onwards, the warning message is produced till PO value is 57000.

Item 010 WBS element PROJECT123 budget almost exhausted.

Message no. BP613.

Diagnosis

The assigned funds are 5,999 less than the budget in document item 010 WBS element PROJECT123

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste availability control analysis info.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contd.. from above

From the PO value 57,001 onwards the system is producing the error message

Message no. BP613

Diagnosis

The assigned funds are 2,999.00 INR less than budget in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

How come the same message number is being produced as Error message and why it is producing the error message though it has not reached the 101% (as per the last line of the tolerance limit)?

Once the PO value reaches to 100% i.e., 60,000/- system is producing another error message:

Item 010 WBS element C-0005 budget exhausted

Message no. BP607

Diagnosis

Budget is exhausted in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

Once the PO value is exceed by 100% i.e, greater than 60,000 (I have maintained 60001 as the value) system is producing a different error message:

Item 010 WBS element C-0005 budget exceeded

Message no. BP603

Diagnosis

Budget was exceeded by 1,000.00 INR in document item 010 WBS element C-0005 .

The above error is from the PO value of 60,001 onwards.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen, there is nothing wrong in the system. you have set up action "2" i.e., warning message with mail to person responsible when it reaches 95 % in your tolerence limit setting. But I think, you have not maintained the person reponsible for you WBSE. So, when the PO exceeds 95% of budget, the system trying to determine the person responsible from WBSE to send mail, but since you have not maintained it, It throws error message instead of warning message. Now assign a person responsible to the WBSE and create PO again this time. It will work properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

contd... from above.

My questions are:

1.Why system is not check the AVAC with the FI year budget, why only with the Overall budget?

2.Why system is giving error messages from 95&% onwards? (see message number 613 above)

3.Why system is not allowing to utilize upto 101% of budget value?

4.Why so many different types of error messages?

Note: I have tried to search the SAP notes based on the message numbers, but could not find out any appropriate one. Please help me out solving this problem.

Sorry for splitting the message, this is because of the text length not supported in the Plain text area while replying

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen, look my earlier reply.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this

Why system is not check the AVAC with the FI year budget, why only with the Overall budget?

Please read IMG document of Budget Profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh,

Thanks for your reply, please find the AVAC analysis below:

Controlling element      Distributable               Assigned
C0005000000000000                   60,000.00  INR              50,000.00  INR

COSP 2010 22 0003200230  RMBE D INR                            50,000.00  INR

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen, as I said earlier, have you maintained person responsible for WBSE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Thanks for the reply,

I have changed the setting as you have suggested, but still there is no change in the above problem.

And more over, I have done all these testings in Check mode of the PO document, as per your recommendation, that scenario will come in picture only when we save it. (Its my understanding) since the data will not be updated into the tables in check mode, there is no possibility of checking the user for the option "2" of the tolerance limit.

The AVAC works only in runtime environment and doesnot check the data base tables, hence, even I have not saved the document, system is still producing the messages.

Please clarify me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you have left the PO in creation stage and then changing values everytime and see it . After you assign person repsonsible, come out of the PO and create the PO once again and see, this time you will see warning message for 95% and not error message, and mail will be sent only if you save and make sure you maintained person responsbile for WBSE not Project definition.

It works. I replied you after testing several times in my system. If i dont assign person responsible i get error message like yours. So come out of the PO transaction and create once again see after maintaining person responsible for WBS Element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think problem is solved now!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

Thanks, problem solved.

One more observation is that, even though there is no person responsible at WBSE level, system checking with the project definition level for person responsible.

Thanks again for the help. I have simply removed the option "2" line item of the budget tolerance limits setting, then the message turned to W.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for this info

One more observation is that, even though there is no person responsible at WBSE level, system checking with the project definition level for person responsible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We know system calculate overall budget, but i am facing 12.5% VAT

If I analysis one order number system not given error message while PO saving.

For Example Budget value is Rs. 10 Lacs and my po value is Rs. 11.25

Let know the reason.

Thanks

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether PO quantity is same as PR quantity.

Regards,

Harsh.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check all the assigned values - have you done settlement?

maybe due to currency