cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not debug an active background process

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please help me, I created a program with endless loop for debugging in background process, but in SM50 and SM37, I could not enter the debugger mode, I always get a time out dump. Now the job is running too long and has a status Active, How can I cancel the job? thank you for the help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Additional information, the job kills (with core/without core) SM50 and (Cancel active jobs) SM37 doesn't seem to work. Thank you very much for all the help.

Warm Regards,

Paul

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your approach with SM50 and SM37 is correct.

However: you can't force the debugging mode within a SELECT or a LOOP. So you will have to set a BREAK-POINT just BEFORE the SELECT/LOOP which is causing the problem. For this goto SM37 and mark the job which must be in state "Released". Then goto Extras-->Debug job (in older R/3-Releases you may not find this function; in this case enter "JDBG" in the OK code). This way the job will be debugged from the very beginning of the ABAP. Now set a Break-Point just BEFORE the SELECT/LOOP which is causing the problem. Finally jump to that Break-Point. Now you can debug the SELECT/LOOP.

0 Kudos

Hi Adrian, thanks for the reply however the job is already active so no changes can be made. I was wondering if there are any other way to kill this job without nstance restart, again thanks.

adrian_dorn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the job is already running there is no other option indeed.

You could be lucky if you hit the "debug" key in SM37/SM50 just before the job has reached the LOOP/SELECT. But when the job is already inside the LOOP/SELECT it's too late to do anything.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks but we just did an instance restart, this way all the resources would refresh and the running job would be erased.