cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORMAT ERROR = 1 works fine in DEVand QA not in PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a zreport when i double click on one record it gives me printing option to print the form (smartform).

it works in both QA and DEV. but not in PROD.

if it is a format error it should also give the same error in both DEV and QA.

why am i getting this errror only on PROD?

Can i have some input pls...

much appriciated for your work and thanks in advance.

pasala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all its been aswered the reason is

the address number that which are available in qa and dev are not available in PROD

so i was getting this format error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might give this error if the device type( printer ) is different between Dev and production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basker,

Please very that all the Request related to Smartform ie smartstyles and Logos if used in smartform have been transported to PRD . May be they have been transported to QTY in aphased manner . So check for the correct Requests .

OR ELSE

U can Debug the Smartform in Production Server itself.

Execute the Smartform which in turn generate the Function Module copy the FM (Ex : /1BCDWB/SF00000006)and Replace the FM with (/1BCDWB/LSF00000006F01) in SE38 and go for DISPLAY option and place the Break points in the Program lines so that u can Debug the Smartform

Regards,

Vijaya Lakshmi.T

Edited by: Vijaya Lakshmi on Aug 17, 2010 2:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pasalabasker,

I guess you have raised two issues here,

1. To get the transport requests pertaining to smartforms I would add an additional way to the one selvakumar has suggested.

Go to SE03 -> Search for Objects in Requests task->enter the object selection criteria as R3TR SSFO and further name of your smartform-> Execute. This will list all the transport requests pertaining to you smartform. Once you identify the request you can check its status in the quality and Prod.

2.If your smartform versions are same, To identify the format error please check this alternative.

===>In you production server, debug at the point of call of you smartform.Note down the Internal Table/Workarea values been passed during the smartform call .

===> Open the smartform-> get the corresponding function module name of the smartform generated automatically(Under Environment->Function module name).

===> Now simulate the same scenario in se37 for the the function module and the table values.

==> The format errors (if any) will be more descriptive when you execute the function module through se37.Most probably the location of the error node in the smartform hierarchy will be mentioned in this error.

This method has helped me many a times.Hope this helps you too.

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There are several things that could be different between your systems.

Check the versions of your Z-report and the print program for the smart formu2014they should be the same.

Check the smart form for calls to ABAP subroutines. Are the subroutines the same in QA and PROD?

Are you invoking standard text objects? Do they exist in PROD? Are they the same as in QA?

Check SU53 for an authorization failure in PROD after running you process.

Regards,

zKen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ken,

thank you so much for your valuble advice and help.

the smartform was developed by the other developer and i want to find out the transport number of the smart form.

but the that developer name is been locked and i cant see any transports of that perticular Developer in se01 or se09.

how can i find the transport of the smartform whether he has transported to Prod or Not.

thank you,

pasala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the transport details, please check the tables E070 and E071.

Just pass the smartform name in the field E071-OBJ_NAME and get all the transport order details.

Regards,

Selva K.