cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depot Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Could you please explain the significance of "A" Certificate in depot sales scenario and please give me overview of Depot sales too?

How we can calculate excise duty in Depot sales beacuse we are calculating excise duty while doing Stock transfer from Plant to Depo?

I got confused excise duty calculation and escalation

Shibu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shibu,

Both Plant Sale & Depot Sale are different as :--

01. Generall Excise is paid at Plant either as Sale or Stock Transfer to Depot and hence generally need not require to pay excise at Depot Sale or further Stock Transfer/s.

02.Generall we treat every depot as Plant in SAP.

03. Product/s is been sent to depot as Stock Transfer from Plant and hence this stock is property of the business.

04.Cement, Steel, Fertilizers, FMCG, CG etc are all operate on Depot Sale concept.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 Questions.

1)Do we generate Excisse Invoice in Deemed Export with value.

2)Whether VAT/CST is applicable on Deemed Export.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Could you please explain the significance of "A" Certificate in depot sales

Sales from depots are handled differently from sales from factories because of excise law: Excise duty is payable when you send the goods from the factory to the depot, but it is not levied again when you sell the goods.

Sometimes when you make a final sale of goods from a depot, price escalations could have happened with retrospective effect. In such scenarios you need to pay the extra excise duty at the factory using an A Certificate. You need to register the A certificate details in the RG 23D register and the excise recovered from the customer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the below link it :

http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/500/html/J95_SaleDepot_EN_IN.htm

Hope this will give better idea about the process. Please revet for any query while going through this .

Regards,

Krishna O