cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Master page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please help me to solve this problem.I have a requirement where I need to have header/Footer to be printed depending on the

value from a variable.For some pages we have a footer for some we don't.When we don't have a footer for the page I want to

increase the height of the Master page.(Exactly like word document without footer on page).But I couldn't do this using

masterpage.h property even though I hide the footer.So I thought of creating a second Master page content area (with out

footer ) and want to switch between 1st content area and second content area depending on the footer requirement.But I don't know how to switch the content area dynamically using javascript.Please help me.

Am I going in the right track?Do we have any alternative ways to acheive it?Please let me know.

Thank you.

Giri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi giri,

I would suggest use header and footer in every page instead of using in master page,

use form calc and

if

yourfield.$.rawvalue = <expected> and if Control.param.ISR_REVIEW = "X"

then

Footer.presence = "Invisible" or "Hidden" (based on the requirement)

endif

You could do this either in Form Ready event or Print Form Event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nrupen

If I include it in the body page how can I set the footer only at the end of page.Depending on the data in the page footer will be

printed at different locations of the page.We can't set X and Y at certain point.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Giri.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course you can manipulate the x and y of every form field/subform. Or if you cannot, you can always use a blank subform with zero size and manipulating the width and height you can move the content through resizing this blank one (to push the rest down and right for example)

regards Otto

Check here: (look for layout, width and height manipulation):

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

I am sure you can use the width/ height manipulation approach,because I use it very often.

Answers (0)